Here is how I answered this week. Feel free to respond. I love to read your thoughts!
1. Are there any men or women in blue on your family tree?
No, I don't think there are any family members wearing the uniform. No police or security officers that I know about.
2. Are you someone who suffers from the Sunday night blues? What helps you get over it?
I am fortunate that I do not work a Monday through Friday, 9 to 5 job. In fact, I haven't for years. Even when I was working back in my radio days, I had unusual hours and often had weekend work activities. So, I never have experienced Sunday night blues.
I enjoy a quiet Sunday evening.
IWell, that's interesting that food rarely comes in the color blue. I hadn't thought about it before. See what you learn here at the Hodgepodge! lol
As for blue cheese, I can take it or leave it. It's not my favorite kind of cheese but if it's on a salad I will eat it.
4. We can't head in to the Labor Day weekend without a related question, can we? Complete this thought: I work best when____________________.
I work best when - I'm well rested. I work best - in the morning. I work best - when I have a definite task to accomplish. I work best - with music on in the background. I work best - when I'm excited about the project.
5. 'Everything yields to diligence.' Antiphanes Your thoughts? (on this particular quote or on diligence in general)
Yes, I believe the statement is true. Most times. When someone sticks to their beliefs and continues constantly to work towards it, it has priority in life. Never giving up. Pushing forward. Staying consistent. All are ways of being diligent to a cause or a task. Making it important over other things.
Diligence is commendable for sure. Always successful? Maybe or maybe not. But the work and effort used with diligence is admirable.
6. The National Park Service turned 100 years old on August 25th. Have you been to many of America's National Parks? If so share with us a favorite or two. Which National Park would you most like to visit before the next birthday rolls around?
I don't think I have been to many national parks. (How many are there?) I have enjoyed Yosemite and I have been to the Smoky Mountains. Blue Ridge Mountains too. I have probably been to more...but I need to pull up a list to see them. Some parks are national, some are state funded. I think I have been to more state parks.
Where would I like to visit? I would not like to travel there (it sure is far away), but seeing Mt. Rushmore would be interesting.
7. Bid farewell to August in seven words or less.
Summer days gone. Summer feeling gone. ) :
8. Insert your own random thought here.
So, with the two crazy 'false alarms' at big airports lately, do you worry about being in airports? Or other large, crowded venues? I can't imagine being at an airport and seeing people running for their lives because word got out that there was an active shooter! I watched the footage on the news last night from LAX and immediately thought that someone could have had a heart attack, or been trampled on, or pulled out their own gun out of fear, and gotten 'trigger happy.'
I don't know about you, but it makes me want to stay away from those places.
Do you have that fear? Just wondering...
Be safe - and have a wonderful week!