I am looking at the Hodgepodge questions rather late for me today. Why? Well yesterday was finally our move day and we are now in our new and smaller home. Everything went well and we are somewhat unpacked. It's been a slow process in total - and we aren't done yet. But, since we don't have a contract on the home we are selling, we can take our time getting all the stuff out of it. There are still lots of little things in the closets and in the garage.
So, a nice break from unpacking is this week's Hodgepodge.
1. Have you ever been to and/or lived near the desert? What did you think? Travel and Leisure lists the 'coolest' American desert towns as-
Palm Springs CA, Virgina City NE, Bend OR, Winslow AZ, Marfa TX, Grand Junction CO, Silver City NM, Moab UT, Taos NM, Yakima WA, Borrego Springs CA, Terlingua TX, and St. George UT, and Tubac AZ
Have you been to any of these? Would you like to visit a desert town? Which on the list would you most like to see?
I have never lived in a desert city per say, but I did live in Redding, California, which is really hot and dry. It's a large town at the northern end of a valley. Although the mountains are not far away, the valley stays very hot most of the year. Highs in the summer hit 107 or so. The landscape was very desert-y looking. I have always said that describing the California hills as 'golden' isn't quite right. They are really just very dry, a light brown - and a fire hazard.
I have not visited any of the places listed in the 'coolest' desert towns. I'm not desert person. I prefer more greenery - lawns, shrubs, trees. I love living near the beach.
2. What's a plan or project you've deserted in the past year?
I'm having a tough time coming up with an answer for this one. I suppose each year I wish I would be better at correspondence. I also wish I spent more time on music - practicing. Especially the piano and flute.
3. Desert-dessert? Share two or three words you find yourself having to think twice about when it comes to spelling.
4. High and dry, like watching paint dry, dry run, dry as dust, not a dry eye in the house...which phrase can you relate to currently? Explain.
I can't say any of the expressions relate to my life right now.
5. How often do you frequent the dry cleaners? Starch or no starch?
My hubby still likes some work shirts laundered professionally, and we both occasionally have some dry cleaning. I go to the cleaners about once every two weeks.
Hubby likes light starch on dress shirts for work.
6. What's a food or beverage you enjoy that's named for a place?
Woodbridge Chardonnay! There is probably some place named Woodbridge, right? If not, there should be!! I think there is a Woodbridge in New Jersey although I am pretty sure that is not where the wine is produced. lol
7. Do you need solitude?
Absolutely!!! I love my solitude. I need it every day.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Question: who would like to recommend a good book to read now? I'd love to hear your suggestions! Tell me why you liked the book so much!
Have a wonderful week ahead!