Hello Hodgepodgers! Another week, another set of questions...
Here we go!
1. Are you more task oriented or people oriented? Elaborate.
I am a task oriented person. Why? I am not good at delegating to others. If there is a task to do, then I am much more likely to jump in and just do it myself. From beginning to end.
2. December 15 is National Wear Your Pearls Day...do you own/wear pearls? If you're a man answering the question, does your sweetheart own or wear pearls? Everyone share a 'pearl of wisdom' with us here today.
I have several sets of faux pearls. Nothing real. My mother-in-law gave me a set of her pearls a long time ago - and I think they are real - but I passed them along to one of my daughters. I'm not big into owning fine jewelry.
Here's my 'pearl of wisdom' courtesy of Hoda Kotb. "I try to live in a little bit of my own joy and not let people steal it or take it."
This quote comes from a list of "Inspiring Quotes from 100 Extraordinary Women". To see the whole list, go to www.huffingtonpost.com/smanatha-ettus/100-quotes-from-100...
3. Speaking of pearls...oysters? Are you a fan or not a
fan? If you answered yes, tell us your favorite way to eat oysters? If
you said no, be honest-have you ever tried one or does just the idea of eating an oyster make you gag a little?
I am not a fan of oysters - for several reasons. 1. The first time I saw someone eat them was when I was in college at a Baltimore Colts game (yes - Colts, not Ravens) and there were these crude guys behind me shucking and slurping oysters! Yes, in the upper deck of the old Memorial Stadium! It was gross.
Also, I have a fish allergy. So, I'm not very brave when it comes to trying anything from the ocean. I have passed out in the past from eating shrimp.
Plus, oysters just seem very 'chewy.' Yuck. No, I have never tried them.
4. Time Magazine has named President-elect Donald Trump Person of the Year. Let's take presidents and presidential candidates out of the mix for a minute. If a political figure had not been chosen who would you name Man or Woman of the Year for 2016?
Thank you! Let's think about people not in politics - who have done wonderful things!
FYI: I googled the 'short list' for this year, and most were politicians - in America and elsewhere.
I think I would pick firefighters - because this has been a year of some sad fire tragedies, and firefighters have had to work overtime to save life and property. I'm thinking specifically about the Gatlinburg wildfires, and the warehouse fire in California.
5. The Pantone Color of the Year for 2017 has been announced, and it's a vibrant green aptly named-greenery. Your thoughts? Is this a color currently in your home or wardrobe? Will you add something in this shade for the new year? Click here to see the color.
I like the color! I am a green person in general. (Must be cuz I have green eyes!) I already have some tops the Pantone color of green - or close to it. So, I don't plan to specifically buy something new to wear that is the color. I also do NOT plan on changing my home colors!
6. Today I've had too much________________________.
Well, as I type this my morning has just started. So, let's change it to 'yesterday I had too much...'
time in front of the TV. sitting on my butt time.
A better sentence maybe: I've had too little ______________ . exercise. reading time.
7. Share a favorite lyric from a favorite Christmas carol.
Mary, did you know
That your baby boy will one day walk on water?
Mary, Did you know
That your baby boy will save our sons and daughters?
Did you know
That your baby boy has come to make you new?
This child that you've delivered
Will soon deliver you
Mary, did you know?
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I'm entering a new decade in two days. I still feel 30-ish. But, in reality I will be double that. I WANT to keep feeling 30ish! Anybody got words of advice for me?? Any pearls of wisdom?