Shall we start and find out?
1. "The cure for anything is salt water-tears, sweat, or the sea." (Isak Dinesan) Would you agree? Of the three, which has 'cured' you most recently?
Yes! I agree! Salt water - or, a good cry always make me feel better! Sweat - and physical work gets the endorphins going and makes me feel better. Plus, I like looking at what I accomplished afterwards. And, the sea - I live near the ocean and I agree that a walk on the beach is therapeutic!
2. What's something you can't eat without salt? Do you normally salt your food a lot, a little, or not at all?
I rarely add salt to anything, but I will say I have to butter and salt my corn on the cob before I eat it.
3. Sands of time, bury your head in the sand, built on sand, or draw a line in the sand...which sandy phrase could best be applied to something in your life right now?
Dare I say ALL four of those sand phrases make me think of how I feel about our new leader and our government right now. Let me explain...
Sands of time - I can only wait as time goes on to see what will happen. But, in general I am not optimistic. So, I'm hoping the sand keeps flowing and we get through it without too many setbacks.
Bury your head in the sand - Sometimes I want to just turn the TV off, and pretend nothing is going on beyond my little world. It's something I struggle with often. But, the best of me (I think) says I must care and speak out sometimes.
Built on sand - Our top government officials seem shaky and a bit slippery if you ask me. I'm not feeling like we as a country are standing on solid ground right now.
Draw a line in the sand - I am trying to balance my life. I try and remember that God is my leader and the other stuff will work out.
4. A favorite book, movie, or song with an island setting or theme?
I'll go with the easy answer(s) for me... favorite song(s) with an island setting! And really, it's a few Kenny Chesney songs - like No Shoes No Shirt No Problem, Summertime,When The Sun Goes Down, and Old Blue Chair. I have to also say the Zac Brown Band's song Toes.
5. Yesterday-did you run your day or did it run you? How so?
I ran my day yesterday. In general, I think I always do. I am fortunate to pick what I want to do for the most part. Sure, I always have to go to the grocery store, the cleaners, etc. But, running errands is a part of life. I get to choose my schedule when to run them, and I get to choose what I eat, listen to on the radio, TV, etc. and what I read. I am blessed to have lots of choices in my life!
6. You're on an island holiday. Will I most likely find you parked in a beach chair, shopping in town, on the back of a jet ski, or snorkeling off the back of a catamaran?
Hmmm. I have never been a big shopper and I prefer to do other things when on vacation anywhere. An island vacation? I will be parked in a beach chair, sipping a tropical drink, reading, dipping my toes in the water occasionally.
7. What do you think we humans most take for granted?
Wow! This question hit me out of left field! ha
Humans in general? How fleeting life can be. When we are young we think life just goes on and on and on. But, about midway through life we start to notice changes - some good and some bad. We hear of some dying and...oh my - then when they start being your own age more and more it really hits you! Yes, life is fleeting! Try and make each day count!!
In other words, go enjoy that beach! Put your toes in the sand!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I just want to send out a 'shout out' to so many of you having crazy & scary weather right now. The video on the news of all the destruction from the storms in many parts of the US is so sad to see. I hope Mother Nature was kind to you. If not, I hope help is close by. Take care.