Monday, May 15, 2017

Monday morning QBing

It's been a few weeks since I have posted anything on my blog.   It's been a busy time lately, but now I am seeing a break in the action, and I gotta say, I am ready for it!   Busy times are great...  especially when they are followed by a space of time where you can breathe, rest, and catch up. 

So, what's been going on?

* We have had family and friends come and visit - to both the Pawleys Island home, and to the riva place.  It was great times (no complaints) seeing everyone, but also a little extra work, preparing, and then cleaning up.

* I coordinated the church garage sale again.  It happened last Saturday.  It went fine, but it's a "project" that requires publicity, and set-up, getting helpers, then clean up, etc.   We raised money for local charities and we donated our leftover items to the Habitat for Humanity ReStore.   I'm proud of the efforts by all! 

*  I played with our handbell group at St. Peter's (my home church) and I still have rehearsals for the St. Paul's group.  We play the last Sunday of May and then we will be on break through summer.   I also played with some flute friends at a wedding this past Saturday and we had rehearsals leading up to it.

*  I'm still running back and forth between two houses because we have not sold the one that is for sale yet.  Seriously, I'm at the point to ask for your prayers on this.  It's getting old! We have made nice inside changes and now the comments from showings are favorable about them.  But, lately, the comments have been about the outside - which we can't and won't do anything about!  A few people who have seen the home have dogs and do not like the Charleston garden area in the back because it isn't a yard.  Also, a few have commented about the marsh behind the home as a mosquito haven, and worry about snakes, etc.   Well, let me tell you (and I'd like to tell them) that there are mosquitoes and snakes and gators everywhere around here!  It's the lowcountry!  There is water everywhere!

We had two showings this past weekend and both didn't like the outside.  Ugh.  And, I still run over to that house everyday and do some yard work, and occasionally vacuum, and change lightbulbs, etc.  Oh - and feed two kitties.  Yes, they are still there.  Waiting for me... every.single.day.

* Mother's Day was yesterday - and I just want to say that I have the BEST daughters in the world!  I know I am a little partial, but I just am so proud of who they are, and that even though I love that they send me flowers, and acknowledge the day - really, I prefer to let them know I am BLESSED to be their mom... and they bring me much joy! 

*  My sights are on summertime now.  The CMA Fest is less than a month away!!  I can't wait for our time in Nashville!   The Friday after the festival, we head to Raleigh for a wedding.  The son in law is in the wedding party...it's a good buddy of his getting married.   While we are there, we will also get to see our daughter and SIL's new home.  They put a contract on it and will close the end of June.  I'm excited to help them with the move!    After returning from that weekend, I will be helping with our church's Vacation Bible School.  I helped with it last year, and had such a fun time, that I was anxious to sign up again!  

July brings the 4th of July - and the annual week at Lakeside, Ohio.

*  Random thoughts...     Flying these days.  No thank you.  I can't believe the stories these days about tension between crews and passengers.  Customer service??  Hello??

Does your supermarket have a frozen food aisle that treats you like a star??   What do I mean?  My local Lowe's and Publix stores have systems where the lights in the freezer coolers are off until someone walks down the aisle - and then the lights turn on to see what's inside.  I know it's a way to save energy - but every time I walk down the aisle I feel like a queen...walking along and having the lights come on - for me!!!  ( :

So, the other evening I was driving flute friends home from the wedding.  We were getting off the Charleston beltway (426) on to Long Point Road.   We were on the ramp and had to stop the car... because in front of us, at the intersection, there was "police activity."  As we sat there and watched, we saw a man in the intersection - who had gotten out of his car, that was parked across from the ramp.  I'm not sure if he had a gun, but we saw two of the officers with their guns drawn. The one had gotten a rifle out of the trunk of his cruiser.   We watched for a couple of minutes - and finally the man got down on the ground and the cops were able to handcuff him and put him in the back of the cruiser.  Crisis over.  BUT!!  We then watched as the police officers pulled a baby and baby seat out of the back of the guy's car!!!     So, I'm not sure why all this went down...   but, I'm guessing it was the end of a chase.  Weapons were involved.  There was a baby in the car!!!      Thank God it ended without shots.   By the way, the guy in the car in front of me was videoing it on his cellphone. 

Oh, what a world we live in!  

This is my blog, so I'm going say this:   I sure miss the Obamas.  I miss a president who speaks thoughtfully, and doesn't tweet. I miss a president who is cautious and lives his beliefs. I miss the family living in the White House.  I miss the feeling that our president will not 're-act' and say and DO something rash, and stupid.  I felt safer before January 2017.   I miss a president who is about inclusion and acceptance of all.  I miss turning on the news and not having scandal be the lead story. 

I admit it, I have made Sean Spice's press conferences my lunch time entertainment!  If possible, I try to sit down with a sandwich and turn on CNN to watch him squirm, and to see how he can turn his boss's actions into a positive thing.  Yep - it's 'reality TV'!!

Daughter #2 is heading to Prague tomorrow to attend an International Tax 2-day program.  It's a long way to go, so she is going to spend sometime sight-seeing too.  Her boyfriend is busy with his work and can't join her... so, who is??    Her dad!!   Yep, hubby and daughter #2 are meeting up in Italy and spending days there seeing Pompeii and other spots around that area. Also taking an Italian cooking class!

I will end this with a tease...  more news to come soon.    Stay posted here.

Happy  sum-sum-summertime everyone!  It's definitely feeling like it here now, even tho it's officially still spring on the calendar.  Bring it on!!

Enjoy - and stay safe everyone!!



3 comments:

  1. When is that big reveal coming??? : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you. I, too felt safer before January. That man in the White House has so many people roped in to his craziness. I wonder if those "faithful followers" will ever realize the mistake they made.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just don't get Twitter lol and the idea of a President using it....hasn't he got more important things to do?? Hope the house sells soon and now you have me intrigued with the big reveal. Don't keep us waiting too long!

    ReplyDelete