Wednesday, September 6, 2017

What's in your future?

It's back to the Hodgepodge... after a busy week has passed, and I am sad to say a busy one on the way (thanks Irma.)   For now, let's take a break and look at the Hodgepodge questions.

 1. When you think about your future what do you fear most? Hope for the most?

Ha!   My very near future??   IRMA!   I live along the coast in South Carolina and right now we are waiting to see when she decides to turn north.   She could wait and go through Florida and then come up our way as a tropical storm OR she could turn a bit sooner and come up the east coast and hit us hard.   I guess today I need to start gathering what I need if we need to hoe in the car and head out.  We plan to go to my daughter's home in Raleigh.

Just last year Matthew hit here and took a big tree down, and through our roof.   So, I'm "hurricane scared"... and this one coming is HUGE and DEADLY and very SCARY.    So, it is my biggest fear right now.

My hope?   That Irma leaves me alone!!! ( :

I think Joyce asked this question as a long term question.  So, after Irma, my other biggest fear in my future:  that something might go wrong with my daughter's twin boys before or at birth.   Which leads to my biggest hope:  that the boys are born healthy and that we welcome two wonderful little guys in to our family!

PS:  My daughter is doing fine as she enters her third trimester carrying the twins.  Each checkup has gone well and the boys look fine. 

2. September is National Chicken Month. How often is chicken on the menu at your house? What's a favorite dish made with chicken? What's something you're a 'chicken' about doing or trying?

When I was preparing dinner for my family chicken was often on the menu.   Now I don't eat it as much as I used to, but we do still make chicken kabobs on the grill from time to time.

I'm chicken about trying many things!  I'm not very adventurous!   So, I have not bungee jumped, or gone up in a hot air balloon, or tried to water ski, or scuba'd, or really anything up or down - where I could hurt myself!  lol.  


3. What are three things you don't own but wish you did?

At my age, I am fortunate to say there is nothing that I don't have but wish I did. 

4. Would you rather be a jack of all trades or a master of one? Elaborate.  If you answered one, which one?


I think I would prefer to be a master of something - and I think it would be something to do with music.  Again, at my age I can say it is not going to happen.  ) :

5. Ketchup or mustard? On what?


I like to put ketchup on burgers.  I like mustard on bratwurst.    So I go both ways!   ha!!   

6.  Insert your own random thought here. 

I mentioned at the beginning of this that I had a busy week just pass by.   Saturday we went to our daughter and son-in-law's home to gather with family and friends for two big events.  First, was the beginning of the 2017 Gamecock football season!  Second, was the  'babies' shower for my daughter.  The whole weekend was fun, and happy (Gamecocks won), and everything went smoothly.   Well, except for one thing.  There is always one thing, right??   My daughter & SIL bought their house and have only been in it a few months - and are first time home owners.   It's a beautiful home, but as it goes, things happen!  Right?   On Saturday night the septic tank alarm went off.   Sunday morning my son-in-law called all around to get someone to come look at it.  Keep in mind it was a holiday weekend.    Thankfully, after some calls he found someone who would come (only $100 extra).  when did he arrive??   At the exact time of the shower starting!   We closed all the doors... while the tank was pumped outside.   Ha!   All went well - and smelled fine inside. 

So, if I am not here next week, it will be because Irma has reared her huge, ugly head and come up my way.    For all those who are in Florida, you are in my prayers.  Be safe.   Get out of the path if you can.   God be with you.

4 comments:

  1. I hope Irma leaves you alone too. Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're here in coastal Georgia wondering whether to stay or go. I wish they would finally decide which way Irma is going to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So hoping that Irma turns north early enough to miss the USA completely, but you are very wise to begin preparing. We often thought about those in Texas who only had minutes to gather what they considered important things. What would that be? Thinking about you in the days ahead. We were personally involved in Katrina, so know what you might be facing.

    ReplyDelete