Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Love is in the air!

A fellow blogger has a weekly question page, called "Wednesday's Hodgepodge" where she submits a list of questions for her blog followers to answer and share.  I have not been involved to this point, but this week she put up questions about love.   With Valentine's Day coming up it is appropriate, and just a nice think to contemplate. After all, love makes the world go round!

Here are a few of her questions, and my answers.  Feel free to respond too.

1. What is something you are loving right now?

At this moment I am loving my morning routine of sitting at the kitchen table, with my coffee, newspaper, and computer.  My country music is playing on my Ipod and my pug is sleeping on my lap.
My pug wakes me very early each morning (too early) and I take her outside, then she crawls up in my lap for an additional nap.  I think Charlie Brown said something about love being a warm puppy!  He was right.

2. Paris, Venice, New York City, and Rome are considered for of the most romantic cities in the world. Of the four, which would you most like to visit?

I have been fortunate to have already been to 3 out of the 4 cities. The only one I still have yet to see is Rome.  I would love to go there to see the art.  In terms of romance, of the three I have visited, I think Venice is the most romantic. Why?  The canals and gondalas, the cathedrals, the italian food and wine.  A great combination. 

3. Are you a romantic?

Ha! I think my hubby should answer this.  But, I know his answer... no, I am not very romantic.  At least I am not romantic enough.  I blame it on my German Lutheran heritage. Germans are not known for being warm and fuzzy.   Did you notice there were no German cities listed in the question above?  I do need to clarify tho, that although I may not be very romantic, I am VERY loving!  There is a difference. 

4. What's your favorite love story made for the big screen?

My immediate movie selection: "Wuthering Heights".  I can watch it over and over.  Cathy & Heathcliff's love was so strong but so tragic. The movie version with a young Timothy Dalton is my favorite. I love it so much I can recite pretty much all the lines. Other fun movies about love include Bull Durham (it's not just about baseball), the Wedding Date, and Sweet Home Alabama.

5. What's the best chocolate something you've ever eaten?

This is impossible to narrow down to one answer.   Chocolate can come so many wonderful ways!  I love Edy's Grand Ice Cream Double fudge Brownie.  It's the perfect mix of chocolate ice cream & brownies.  Some restaurants make the warm chocolate cake with warm chocolate syrup baked in it.  You cut into it and it's like a little volcano of goodness!   For simpler joy, there's a Reese's chocolate and peant butter cup,  That has both my favorite foods! 

6.  Share a favorite quote about love.

"Make love, not war".   Simple.  Say's it all though.   My other quote is "God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten son."

7. Random thought.

At the end of the Hodgepodge questions there is a place for a random thought.  My thought about love is this.  It's one of the best things about growing older (and to tell you the truth, there aren't too many things about aging that's good.)  Love does grow... and it's amazing how a heart can hold it all.  Love changes over the years, but all for the better.  When a person knows true and real love, it is the BEST thing in the world!


Happy Valentine's Day!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you joined in today! I love Germany too but I don't know if romance is the right word. The Alps are so stunning there I guess it could be : )

    Love your random thought!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost used your other love quote. ;-) It is amazing that God designed our hearts to hold all that love. I loved our first grandchild SO MUCH didn't think I'd have any room in my heart for another ... but God knew what He was doing ... He sent us 3 more, and I love them all more than I ever thought possible.

    ReplyDelete