Wednesday, February 29, 2012

An extra day!

Today is February 29th, Leap Year Day.  A day that only shows up on a calendar every 4 years.

Think of it as a gift!  It's an extra day in your life.  It's a day to think about how we use each and every day.  Today may be a day to do something out of the ordinary. 

Got anything exciting or different happening today?

Remember as a kid, it was the "turn around day", or Sadie Hawkins Day, and girls could ask boys on a date, or to a school dance.   It was a big, scary deal.  What girl was brave enough to ask a boy she has been secretly admiring?   Woooo!  I think we girls talked about who we'd ask, but never got the nerve to actually do it.  ha

I don't have unusual plans for my leap year day today.   I have a list of errands to run.  The usual list.  I will walk my dog a few times.  I do that every day.  Then I go to handbell practice and the Lenten service this evening.  

I hope to spend some time outside doing some yard work. It's to be a beautiful day here.  Highs in the low 70's and just a small chance of rain.  Wow. February has been an amazing month weather-wise.  Remember the saying that if March comes in like a lion it will go out like a lamb?  Here March comes in like a lamb, and goes out like a lamb.  I have said it before - I love living here in the lowcountry.

Enjoy your extra day - whatever you do! 

1 comment:

  1. I would love to live in the lowcountry!! So we visit it *often* ... already got a trip planned for May. ;-)

    It's not going to be quite as warm here ... more like the low to mid 60's, which is not bad for central Illinois.

    ReplyDelete