I have been away on vacation and haven't blogged for a long time. I thought today might be a good day to just mention a little of this, a little of that. Time to "catch up".
* Car travel is still one of my favorite times to listen to music! On my return from Ohio I listened to some of my older CD's and thoroughly enjoyed myself!
* While I was away the Zimmerman trial happened, and I caught bits and pieces of it. I quickly realized that BY LAW George Zimmerman was going to be found "not guilty" of the murder of Trayvon Martin. It's a sad, sad story all around. But, I still believe that Zimmerman was the adult in the confrontation and should have known better than to get out of his vehicle after calling the police. In fact the police dispatcher TOLD HIM to stay in his truck because the police were on the way. He didn't... and he ended up taking the life of a young person. Yes, there was a scuffle, both fought back, both were to blame. I also believe that civilian "Community Watch" programs should not allow carrying a loaded weapon. EVER! I'm sorry, but I don't know my neighbors here all that well, and I certainly don't know if they are trained on proper gun use, or are trigger happy, or are mentally sane, or whatever. I certainly don't want my neighbors riding around, looking for trouble, carrying a loaded gun.
* We have reached mid-summer and we are almost to the "dog days" in August. Yes, I still will take this weather, even the heat AND the humidity, over a cold day anytime! Snow is my four letter word. So, I can truthfully say that summertime is my favorite time of the year!
* My pets make me feel loved! Upon my return from vacation, my pug was so excited to see me - and she greeted me with a wagging butt and full body jumps for joy! There's nothing like it! Even my kitty Midnight seemed happy to see me. (It's harder to really know with cats! ha) As I type now, Midnight is sitting on a stack of newspapers on the table right next to my computer. He's content to lay near me, and I am sure he hopes I will occasionally reach over and pet him. Oh, okay...
* My back feels great right now! Vacation did it good I guess. So now, I plan to try and golf this Thursday with my lady friends. It's been too long, and I have missed seeing them. I also need to do some yard work... vines need to be cut back, weeds pulled out. So, pray for me that I can get back into my routine life and keep my back strong. I'm off to the chiropractor this morning for an adjustment....it does seem to help me.
* Every Lakeside week with family is a different mix of people and events. This year we had a busy first part of the week, and then a quieter second half. Still, each year is an important get-together because it's one of only a couple of times each year when we all make the effort to meet up at the same place, same time. Some things change each year but the importance of family time at Lakeside has not.
So, I'm back now - and got some of the laundry done, some of the house cleaned, some of the routine in my life back. There's a good feeling in having normalcy back too. It's all good. And, that's all for now!