Monday, November 9, 2015

Rainy days and Mondays....

Rainy days and Mondays....  

As the song goes they can get me down.  Today is one of those days and I'm thinking it's a good one to sit and blog and try to wrap my brain around what's good and what's not-so-good this time of year.

* It's a good "stay in my sweats" day and I can do some organizing, cleaning, throwing out...   stuff. Got too much stuff.

* It's a great day to crank some music!

* It's a lousy day for the dogs because they won't go out and do their business.   Yes, we have pee pads down for just this sort of day!    I miss taking them on a walk - because it's good for all of us!  I like to look at nature, to enjoy fresh air, and so do the pugs.

* I can on-line shop.  I'm thinking about Christmas presents.  Christmas cards. Can you believe it's not very far away?

*  I have been trying to think of a good Christmas craft to do - and share.  Maybe today I will get inspired and start one.  My Pinterest craft page has so many ideas that I have pinned!  Oh - I think some wine corks just might be involved. 

* I can practice my flute.  (I wrote that for Carson - just in case he secretly reads my blog.)

*  I can pray.   As our church goes through so many changes right now, I think extra prayer is needed to keep the faith, to keep up enthusiasm, and to keep moving forward.

*  I can exercise.   Ugh.   My treadmill has a mind of its own and changes speeds without me touching anything now.  I have had it for many years but I  think it's almost time to junk it.   Still, I can do SOMETHING!

* I will read!  I'm halfway through a wonderful book.  "Ordinary Grace" by William Kent Krueger.  

So no excuses.  What is it about putting something down on paper (or in this case, typing it on to a screen?)   I am a visual person... I need to SEE a list, than tackle it, line by line.  

Rainy day and Monday - It's not going to let you get me down!  




4 comments:

  1. Raining here all day (again) too. We had errands to run and went to see the new Bond film. The rest of the week looks better so here's hoping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this post! It was a great day here in SE Oklahoma weather-wise. Pretty chilly at first but then warmed up nicely by noon. I like lists too! I seem to be much more productive if I write down what needs to be done. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So those pads really work? I may put one on the patio for my dog. I'm dreading this winter and rainy or snow days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dogs are good at hitting the pads. They are certainly worth trying if you have a dog that won't go out in the rain, or one that just doesn't hold it's bladder well.

      Delete