Thursday, March 15, 2018

Just me... reporting in.

Another week has gone by...     so it is time for another post.

* March Madness has started! Are you watching?  Have you filled out a bracket?  I have found that filling out a bracket is the best way to get excited about all of the college basketball during this month, and to have a reason to root for the teams as they progress.  How do you pick teams?   Obviously, you can pick from how they are ranked, but then you have to go out on a limb and pick a few underdogs.  I tend to pick SEC teams, and Carolina teams (not Clemson... ha) and schools that my daughters went to (go College of Charleston!)

* I am so proud of the students from Parkland that have started a movement!  And, I'm proud of all the students across the country who have joined in, and now have awareness and compassion about school safety and gun control.   So often we hear about the young being apathetic about issues and politics.  But this has hit home to them.  This is about their world.   I don't know about you, but I never EVER worried about my personal safety and feared for my life when I was in school.  Now, hearing that young elementary children have to 'train' to go into lockdown for fear of shooters is just so very sad to me.  I can not even imagine what that does to a little one.  So scary.   It's not fair to put them through it.  I think we need other, better solutions.  That's why I plan to march...

* I will be at the Charleston March for Life, Saturday, March 24th.   Thank you to my hubby for agreeing to go with me.  It's important for me to be there.   I ordered a shirt and got an email today saying that it is on it's way...but, guess what?  By mistake I ordered a KIDS large, not an adult large.  It might be snug, but I hope I can wear it.

* Doing it for the kids....and my grand kids.  I still can't believe I have two grandbabies!  They are the most adorable little guys in the world!   I'm marching for them.

* Daughter #2 (in birth order) just completed her training and is now a yoga instructor.  I'm so proud of her for her commitment to it, and for finding something that makes her mentally and physically fit and chilled.  She has a stressful life right now - her job, and planning a wedding, and starting to have a home built - and yoga is the perfect way to keep from going crazy! Like her mama, she likes her wine too - and it also helps!  ha

*  My son-in-law is a busy, hard-working guy, and therefore he doesn't check into social media very much.  So, he probably won't read this... but, I just want to say thanks to him.  He has 'allowed' me to spend the last 4 months living at his home, on and off.  Mostly on.  I am helping with the twin babies, my sweet grandsons, and I know he realizes my extra hands are needed, but he has accepted me there.  He may get tired of me being there at times, but he hasn't made me feel that way - at all.  For that, I thank him.  I mean... I'm his Mother-in-law.   lol

*  More family stuff:  I'm excited my sis is coming to visit over Easter weekend!  I'm also excited that daughter #1 (birth order) and son-in-law are planning to bring those above-said adorable grand boys here that weekend, for their first trip traveling anywhere.   It will be fun to have everyone together! 
The boys were born on Reformation Sunday.  I'm still holding out a little hope that maybe they can be baptized on Easter Sunday... no pressure to the parents, but it would be a lovely time to do it.  Easter is all about new (eternal) life... and the assurance of it.  No better time to welcome two more to God's family.

* Switching to another kind of family:  the country music community.   My countdown has started to this year's CMA Festival in June, in Nashville!!  I'm excited for it this year just as I have been every year!  I never get tired of it.  It's such a wonderful four days of live music on many stages!   More every year!  Soon the big name night-time lineup at the stadium will be announced. Will Keith be there?   Tim??   Fan club parties are also getting scheduled and announced.  Every year we have done something different and special!    We enter the random selections for Meet and Greets and small concerts.  We go to fan parties, and take tours.   Great music, great experiences, great food, great time with family! 

* Update on bathroom renovation:  ALMOST DONE!    Hallelujah!

*  Sad to see Toys R Us stores going bye-bye.  It just seems strange that you can't run to the store to pick up a baby gift, or a kid birthday gift, from there anymore.   More and more stores are closing up  due to internet shopping.  But, it's the way of the world.  And, I admit that I shop on line more than I go to a store too.   Question: what are we going to do with all the empty store buildings??

* I have a hair appointment tomorrow and I am in the mood for something new and different!  I'm thinking strong highlights and lowlights.  Lots of variation - maybe different layers too.   Wish me luck!

Have a good week everyone.    Be happy - be grateful - be filled with peace. 




3 comments:

  1. No we are not watching March Madness. I agree with the movements that the schools are doing. When I was young we had to plan for Atom bombs and get under our desks. Hope your March for Life goes well. Wow, daughter #2 is extra busy. Sending prayers her way. That was very generous of your son in law. Sounds like a great Easter is coming your way. Hope things went well with your hair appointment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving March madness even though UVA pretty much blew my bracket early on. I have a couple and one is still viable but we shall see. So much fun to watch these games where anything can happen! I understand what you're saying about your son-in-law. I have a good one too. It's so nice to feel welcome. I have a hair appt this week and cannot wait for a refresh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear your updates. Hope the march goes well and you're happy with your hair! It must be lovely to spend so much time with those babies.

    ReplyDelete