Friday, March 9, 2018

Will you walk the walk?

I talk the talk pretty well. 

I know what I believe and I can tell you.  I can support my beliefs and I feel comfortable in why I do.   As I have aged I have felt more and more clear about certain issues.   I have become passionate about...

putting children first.

tightening gun laws (the ones on the books and adding some new ones).

having equal rights for every single American.

and helping those who need help - without judging.

If you follow me on Facebook you have seen many posts that I have shared about these issues.

I remember when the first Women's March happened right after the election of President Trump and feeling so sad that I was not there.  I believed strongly in their right to peacefully march, to 'show up' and express the need for a better America.  I felt the same dismay after the election that they did.  I knew complaining without doing something positive is just a waste of time. So,  I watched TV all day, feeling proud of the people there.  I actually knew some who participated.  Friends.  Not crazy people.   Compassionate and giving their time.

On Saturday, March 24th lots of people will again be marching and this time I will join in.  "The March for our Lives" is going to happen in many cities around the country.   I plan to attend the one in Charleston.  I have ordered the t-shirt.  I love the fact that this one got organized by the youth. I am inspired by them.  I applaud their activism!  Some were pulled in because they experienced the horrors of an unsafe America first-hand.  But, some are joining in because they don't like the direction this country is going.  They are the future.  They are going to make it happen!!  

So, I will walk the walk!  I am going to 'do something'!  

If you would like to join me and live nearby, let's go together.

If you live elsewhere, let me know you too will be walking.   I'd love to hear from you. 







2 comments:

  1. We're two for two on the Women's March here but we haven't discussed the march on the 24th. If we do, I'll shoot you my cell number if you want to meet up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you. Hope it goes well.

    ReplyDelete