This week's Hodgepodge questions from Joyce - and my answers:
1. Spring is in the air and the birds are singing! What is your favorite bird? I love the beauty of the egret. They are long, and white, and graceful. We have them here, and they love to hang out in the marshes looking for fish. People around here photograph them alot - and artists even paint their elegance. (But, they don't sing.)
2. Speaking of birds.... do you tweet? Even if you dn't, let's pretend here that we do. In 140 characters or less, sum up your week so far. I do not tweet but somewhere out there I do have a twitter account. I tried it - but didn't like it. I couldn't stay on top of it enough, and found most of the tweets I followed boring or silly. I much prefer Facebook. But, to tweet my week so far I'd say: "1st week of riverhouse = cleaning. Reward: wine on dock at sunset."
3.It's been reported that employers are not only viewing FB pages of potential hires but they're also requesting your Facebook password to have a look at what you have kept from public view. What say you? I say it's wrong! The only way I could see the "need" to check out private comments and pictures is if a person is applying for a job that has to do with moral issues. Perhaps a religious leader or a childcare provider. But even then I'm not sure. It would be the same as requring someone to bring in transcripts of phone conversations, or family photos from home.... and that seems crazy. I think if I was applying for a position and the employer wanted my password I would deny it - not because I have sexy or weird things in my private messages (I don't) - but I would tell the employer that I am trustworthy, honorable, educated (check my resume, call my references) but I keep work & my personal life separate.
4. It's April and Major League Baseball is back in action. What's your favorite baseball movie? This question is alot easier to answer than the one before. My favorite baseball movie is "Bull Durham"! Why? It's very funny, and sweet, and touching... and Kevin Costner was at his peak of cuteness in this movie! Some scenes are amazing (Kevin ironing & dancing.) Lines are memorable: "Oh my!"
5. Something else this season brings: asparagus. Yes or no thanks? Yes! I love asparagus! My favorite way to to have it: as a side veggie, steamed with a little butter. Preferably with a grilled steak and a glass of wine!
6. What drives you? Joyce has an interesting way of putting questions! When I first read this I thought... what do I drive? A Highlander. Oh, but this is a tougher question! What drives me? hmmmm. I think I would say my love of God, and my love of my family. I am so blessed and want to give back to thank God for all I have. I am driven to do good deeds - not for a "heavenly reward" but as a "thank you" for the GRACE of God and love. I want to serve God.
7. April 18th is International Juggling Day. Can you juggle? No, I can not juggle balls, or oranges & apples, or swords... AND I can not juggle lots of tasks at one time either.
8. Random thought: I have become a bit too over-the-top addicted to "Words with Friends" lately. I have many games going at one time. I have always loved doing crosswords and playing Scrabble. So, since being turned on to "WwF" (thanks cousin Kay & Bill) I carry my phone around all the time and am constantly playing! I guess I now get why Alec Baldwin didn't want to stop playing when the flight attendant told him it was time to turn off all devices! Are you also addicted?