I hope you all had a wonderful Easter weekend! Some of our family gathered in Charlotte for the weekend and we had a great time together, we had wonderful weather, and attended a beautiful church service together at Ascension Lutheran Church in Dilworth. I especially enjoyed ALL the beautiful Easter music at the service. There was a 4 piece sax group, a timpani, an adult handbell choir, the senior choir, and a childrens chimes group. All played at various times throughout the service. Oh, and there was a pipe organ! I loved it!
Here are the Hodgepodge questions:
1. Have you played golf? Are you interested in it? Does a significant other love the game? Did you watch the Masters this past weekend? I "play at" golf weekly. I play with a group of women each Thursday at the golf course right here where I live. We are a very social group (thank goodness), and we encourage each other with our play. We are NOT competitive AT ALL, and we have become good friends, spending time together on the course. We share stories of our kids (and grandkids for those who have them), and places we lived before, good books, etc. I am fortunate to live in the self-claimed and promoted "Golf Capital" of the US, the Grand Strand (Myrtle Beach) of South Carolina. We have endless golf courses here. So much beauty! As I said before I'm not a good golfer but I love the time with friends, the beautiful scenery, and the exercise I get being outdoors. My hubby has played golf for years and has reached a point of frustration with it. We all get frustrated at times, but he has decided to put the clubs away for awhile and try boating! ha! I didn't see the Masters this past weekend because I was with family, but I do enjoy watching golf on TV, especially the final round of a tournament on Sundays.
2. Hats are back in fashion this Spring. How do you feel about wearing a hat? When was the last time you wore one? I wear a visor golfing each week. But, the only other time I wear something on my head is when I'm at a live country concert...and then I wear my cowboy-style hat! Hubby and I are going to the CMA Festival in Nashville in June (again - we went last year and loved it!) So, I'll wear my hat for those 4 days alot. Everyone is "country" there. Plus, it helps keep the sun off my face during the daytime concerts.
3. On a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 meaning "very proficient", and 1 meaning "I'd starve", how adept are you at using chopsticks? I think I'm pretty proficient, so I'd give myself an 8. If we are eating out at a chinese restaurant I will use sticks. At home, I use the easier fork!
4. Has technology taken over? Definitely! Last week I found myself sitting in front of my bigscreen TV, with the remote by me, with my laptop on my knees, my Iphone next to me to play "Words with Friends", and my Kindle on the end table to read my book during commercials! Oh my! I was definitely multi-tasking ALL with technology! Craaaazy!
5. In the course of a day, how often do you look in a mirror? Usually as little as possible! In reality, I do use the mirror in the morning - while brushing teeth, getting dressed, and putting on makeup. Then quick looks during "potty times" throughout the day. And, again at bedtime - brushing teeth, etc.
6. Tulip or daffodil? I love daffodils. They last longer than tulips and come back each year - and they even multiply on their own over the years. Plus, the deer leave them alone.
7. I am proud of myself for _______. First answer: my family. My daughters are such wonderful people and not that I take "credit" for them, but I am proud of the way they turned out. I am also proud of myself for making an effort to give some time to help others. I think if everyone did, then in general we would all be less self-centered and more caring to others...and more accepting of all kinds of people.
8. Random Thought: I still love to watch "American Idol". I've been a fan of the show since it's first season. Do you watch? I'm still amazed at how much talent there is out there! When the show gets down to the top 10 they ALL are excellent but have different styles. Then it comes down to what style of music you prefer. I will say though that I have picked the big winners most times.