It's been such a great week, and I'm still recouping from my trip to the CMA Fest in Nashville, but I
will make time to answer the weekly hodgepodge questions. Some of the questions are about summertime, my favorite time of the year!
1. In what way are you your own worst enemy? Can you say "open mouth, insert foot?" My mouth gets me into trouble sometimes. I don't mean to say something hurtful - really. I NEVER want to cause another person a sad moment, or be disappointed in me. But, it happens. I regret it when it happens and am usually pretty good at beating myself up afterwards. I just wish I could learn to "think" abit more before I talk.
2. Jacques Cousteau's birthday was Monday, June 11th - ever been scuba diving? Is that something you'd like to try? What's your favorite 'under the sea' creature? I have never been scuba diving and I'm a big wimp when it comes to "adventures of the ocean". I went snorkeling once and couldn't enjoy it because I was too worried about breathing right through the thing. I prefer to LOOK at the sea from the beach or a boat. My favorite creature? I think I'd have to say the loggerhead turtles. Here in South Carolina right now the mama turtles are coming up to the dunes right now to lay their eggs. Each morning volunteers scour the beach for the paths they make in the sand. When eggs are found, the volunteers count them, and cover them so people and other animals can't get to them, and watch and wait... and when the babies arrive and head to the ocean there's a huge party!
3. On a scale of 1 to 10, how comfortable are you in and around water? (1 = not at all, 10 = very). Do you know how to swim and if so, how and when did you learn? I am an 8 around water. I "respect" the sea and do worry about undertows, etc. I do not like swimming in the ocean for that reason. But, I love swimming in a pool for exercise. I'm an adequate swimmer. I learned when I was about 10 or 11 I think. My parents took me to swim lessons at the local Y, and I'm glad they did.
4. What's something you do to motivate yourself to tick an item off your to-do list? First, I really DO make a list. Then it feels really good to scratch it off! I'm a morning person so I tend to do my errands and to-do work early in the day so I know I can relax and veg in the evening.
5. What makes a good neighbor? Are you a good neighbor? A good neighbor is someone who is friendly and helpful but not overbearing. They will help you with vacation needs (mail, papers, etc) and keep a watchful eye for unusual things going on. I'm fortunate to have good neighbors (are you reading this Coleen?) that are there for me when I need them. Yes, I think I'm a good neighbor back.
6. Who loads the dishwasher at your home? Is there a right and a wrong way? I load it. And I unload it. I don't get volunteers. Ha!! There is not a right or wrong way but I do have a system that works. I have learned the best way to cram as much in as possible and still get everything washed well.
7. You know it's summer when __________. It's summer when schools let out and the beach vacationers come here to our area. Everything gets busier...the store, the traffic, etc. But, that's ok. The local economy depends on it. I love hot summer days, and warm evenings with an ocean breeze... so do others.
8. Random thought: I spent 4 days in Nashville this week. I attended the CMA Music Awards and the CMA Music Festival. It was hubby and my second time going because last year we LOVED the event so much! This time did not disappoint. If you love country music, and love the atmosphere that goes with it....then give it a go next year! It's thousands of your closest friends gathering together to hear the best country music offers in a fun, filled area. Music everywhere, and "meet and greets", and exhibits, and good food and drink....and more!