Hodgepodge time. It's a truly diverse set of questions this week.
1. What is one thing or area in your home or life you hope to report is completely organized when 2013 draws to a close? Do you have plans to make it happen?
I can't think of anything major that needs done. There are always some closets and the garage to get better organized. That's an ongoing project. I should probably buy more clear storage bins to keep items in for safe keeping. Question: What should I do with my hundreds of VHS movies? They are taking up closet space because I can't bear to just toss them. But, really, does anybody really want them anymore?
2. What's the worst uniform you've ever had to wear for a job?
I have only held two jobs that required a uniform. Back in high school I worked for a time at the local Burger king, and then at the Ponderosa Steakhouse. Neither of those uniforms were very attractive. ha
3. What was you last kitchen 'mishap'?
Well, being that I don't cook a lot, and that I am not an adventurous cook, I'd have to think back a long way to come up with a 'mishap'...something that totally turned out bad and unedible. I do remember making sugar cookies one Christmas and instead of putting in flour I reached for the sugar bag and put in sugar, on top of sugar. They "crystalized."
4. How do you protect yourself from other people's negativity?
If possible I stay away from them. Life is too short to be around complainers and moaners. If I have no choice and have to be around a negative person I try to let what they say roll off my back (that doesn't always work) and sometimes I try to have a more positive comeback. "Smother them with kindness."
5. Who in your family do you most resemble (physically)? If you have children, who do people say they favor? Do you agree?
Isn't it interesting as we age we see our parents in the mirror?? For me, my coloring is like my mother's side of the family. But, I definitely see my dad in my face too. As for my daughters, I have one with hubby's coloring (brown eyes & brown hair) and one with my coloring (blonde & blue eyes). People say my oldest daughter looks a lot like my sister when my sis was her age...and in childhood pictures. My younger daughter was very similiar to me as a child. Poor kid! ha!!!
6. January 8th is National Bubble Bath Day....will you be celebrating?
Not big on bubble baths so, no, I will not celebrate and this date will pass by without any hoopla!
7. Some of the world's best winter festivals are - Mardi Gras, Quebec Winter Festival, Sundance film Festival, Rio Carnivale, Sapporr Snow Festival, Venice Carnivale, and the Harbin Ice Festival. Of these listed (and if cost were not a factor) which would you most like to attend, and why?
Which is warmest? I am not a cold weather and snow festival girl! So, I'd want to go where the weather was at least bearable....which I suppose might be New Orleans or Rio.
8. My random thought.
College football ended last night for the season. ) : This makes me sad. The SEC showed they were a huge powerhouse again this year and Alabama dominated last night's game. And, congrats to "my" Carolina Gamecock player J. Clowney who was named Player of the Year!