Good day to all my fellow bloggers and Facebook friends. Here are this week's questions with my answers.
1. What's one thing you learned in September?
Oh dear, here we go with the "one thing" question! ha! It's hard to narrow down and answer with just one thing. So, bear with me while I mention a few things. I know I don't always learn something new every day, but I hope I keep learning along the way - it keeps life interesting! I started off the month learning that people from Maine are very nice!! (Shout out to my daughter's boyfriends' family), and I learned that September here in the lowcountry can still feel like summer - thank goodness. I guess I knew that, but it's fun to experience summer here once all the "tour-ons" (tourist + morons) leave the beach. I joined a women's prayer group and I started learning more about what prayer is, how to pray, and what God likes to hear from us. I learned some new words I never knew existed playing "Words with Friends"... and I learned through a friend that divorce can be gut-wrenching. Guess I already knew that too, but it's hard to "experience" it up close and personal.
2. Acorn squash, butternut squash, spaghetti squash, yellow, zucchini squash, or blech! hold the squash... What's your favorite? What's your favorite way to prepare squash?
I like all squash, but my favorite? Well, last night I had some cooked on a grill and it was delicious! My favorite is probably yellow zucchini. I sometimes saute it in a frying pan with a little olive oil, sliced onions, and at the end throw in some sliced or diced fresh tomatoes. Yum!
3. The older I get the ______. The older I get the more I try to resort back to experiencing life as a kid! True! Hubby and I were just talking about this the other day. Once my parenting days ended (my daughters are lovely grown young ladies now) I discovered a could be "free-er" to do things, time wise and with experiences. Ok, don't get any weird ideas! I am not some crazy, free-thinking, sexually open, etc. woman now! I just am at a point in my life where I don't want to rush aging so I want to "think" young and do fun things while I can! Life is short - and I want to experience it!
4. What's your favorite television theme song ever?
Question: Why is it that theme songs from the 50s and 60s stick in my mind more? I love "the Andy Griffith Show" theme song, and the song from "Gilligan's Island." I also love the theme song from "The Mary Tyler Moore Show." From more recent shows? The theme from "Friends."
5. What do you wish you'd spent more time doing five years ago?
No regrets...I'd change nothing. I don't want to live that way.
6. What item do you most need (or want) to add to your wardrobe this fall?
First, I "need" nothing. Second, I do not like when the weather cools and I have to put away my shorts and flip-flops. (I'm not there yet.) I have never liked fall/winter clothing. They are more "binding"...and is it just me, or sweaters are nice the first time or two you wear them, but after many wears they are no longer crisp, clean looking? They get limp, ratty, snagged, etc. Thankfully I live in an area where I do not need to wear boots, heavy winter coats, etc. So, I suppose if I want to add something to my fall wardrobe it's a new pair of stretchy, comfortable jeans... and a new crisp sweater or two.
7. On October 2, 1950 the Peanuts cartoon was introduced to the world. What was your favorite cartoon when you were a kid?
I don't think I was big on cartoons. I preferred "Romper Room" and real shows. Anybody remember "Sky King"? Since I have to pick a cartoon, I will say the Road Runner ones! That poor coyote was always trying the catch the road runner with lots of TNT from ACME! Beep beep!
8. My random thought.
I have a few rolling around in my head this morning. Our Congress has once again showed how pompous they are and allowed the federal gov't to shut down. And, I continue to be saddened and amazed by the unnecessary shootings and deaths that happen every day due to the power of the gun lobby. Again, pompous. Thankfully, I have learned to "let go & let God" - and pray. It's the best way to find peace and to stay positive during this crazy ride we experience as life on earth!
Have a good week friends!