Monday, January 5, 2015

Bachelorette party thoughts....

I think I am sitting here at the kitchen table this morning delaying all the stuff I need to get up and start doing.   The holidays are over and I need to get the house back to ordinary life.  I need to put away Christmas decorations, and clean, do laundry, and in general - put life back into a routine.

I'm looking forward to a few days of "normal" again.   BUT...  it was a wonderful end of the year 2014, and a beginning of a new one. 

It was an especially fun weekend that just ended because I got to spend it with my daughters and some of their girlfriends during my Lauren's bachelorette Party weekend in Charleston.   I want to thank them all for allowing me to be a part of it!  I'm not really sure if a mom usually takes part in bachelorette gatherings, but I appreciate that I was made to feel a part of it, and to celebrate with the  bride-to-be and her friends.  

And, let me say, what wonderful friends they are!   Caring and fun - and girls with their heads in the right place!  I really enjoy being around them.  All are different, yes, but all are thoughtful, and kind.  All can laugh at a good joke.  All care for my daughter and have been a big part of her life so far.  They traveled by car and plane to spend time together.  These are friends that will be life-long buddies and I think my daughter is very lucky to have such a great core group. 

I look forward to seeing them all at the wedding in a few months.  I can't wait to see them all dressed up for it!  They will be so pretty!   More fun times ahead!   

Ok now... I need to step away from the computer.  It's time for me to get back to real life here at home.

 But, girls, thanks for the weekend!!  

1 comment:

  1. I'm excited for you. My daughter's wedding was so much fun. Special in so many ways. I too love 'her girls'. Thinking about how much they mean to her makes me a little teary eyed. I pray they are always a part of one another's lives. All the groomsmen from our wedding 30 years ago were at my daughter's wedding. Their wives are all college friends of ours too. I hope my girls can say the same at their someday children's wedding celebrations. Enjoy these next few months. Crazy fun, but also sometimes just crazy : )

    ReplyDelete