Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Hello March!

Hi Hodgepodgers. I was "down and out" for about 24 hours so I got behind in the weekly schedule.  I'm just getting to the questions now.   Better late than never I suppose! Here they are, with my answers...


1. February ended with an extra 24 hours in 2016. What did you do with your bonus day?

 It was a nice day here so I did some yard work in the morning, and I did some of my normal chores.  Then I went over to our river place because we had my two cousins and a couple of friends coming over for dinner and some time hanging around the fire pit.   We had burgers and brats on the grill, some wine,  and a good time was had by all!


2. What's something in your life that's grown by leaps and bounds in recent days, weeks, months, or years? I'm giving you lots of room to come up with an answer here, so no fair passing on this one.

I can think of things that have not grown by leaps and bounds recently...  like my bank account or my weight.  lol     Let me think harder.   I have some plants that I put into the ground several years ago that have grown well and now require cutting back from time to time.   I love to work in the garden and watch everything grow.  My backyard is coming to life right now and I enjoy walking around and looking at the new growth.
 


 3. Do you read reviews about a film before deciding if you'll see it? Did you watch The Oscars this year, and if so your thoughts on the program? How many of the Best Picture nominees had you seen prior to the broadcast? (Spotlight, The Martian, The Big Short, The Revenant, Mad Max: Fury Road, Room, and Brooklyn) If you watched The Oscars who gets your award for 'best dressed'?

I have an app on my iphone called "Flickster" (I think) and I will read the reviews there sometimes.  But, I get a pretty good idea on movies from the ads for them, and the trailers in the theatres. 

I did not go to many movies this year. I have gotten a bit pickier on where I will put my money.   And, when I did go I did not see ANY of the ones listed above that were nominated for Best Picture.  My hubby saw "The Martian" and said it was very good.  He also saw "The Revenant" and knew it would be too bloody for me to see.  I have never been a Mad Max fan.   Although it was not in the category above, I did recently see the Steve Jobs movie and thought it was well done.

Best dressed:  Cate Blanchett.   Beautiful color. Style. maybe too many things attached to it but she wore the dress beautifully.  It was tasteful -  and not too revealing.  

4. When did you last have overnight houseguests? Give us your top three tips on being a good houseguest.
 
Not counting family?  It's been a little while.  My sis and her friend/her next door neighbor are coming here in a couple of weeks and I look forward to their visit! 

Three tips?   Have their favorite drink on hand, make sure their "space" is clean and has fresh linens,  and have several types of breakfast items.  People have a morning routine - and it's nice to have it available.  Coffee - or juice.  Cereal or toast?  Find out what they like.





5. March 2nd is Peanut Butter Lover's Day. Will you be celebrating? If so, would you prefer a home made peanut butter cookie, a Reese's peanut butter cup, an old fashioned peanut butter and jelly sandwich, or shall I just hand you a jar and a tablespoon?


Every day is peanut butter day for me!  I love peanut butter and eat it for breakfast almost every day. (See - question #3 - we all have breakfast items we love!  Right?)    What is my preference of the yummy items listed above?   I'll take the Reese's cup!  I love pb AND I love chocolate!!  

6. Why is failure important? Or isn't it?

I just saw a friend put a post on Facebook this morning about letting her child fail in something to learn from it.  It's hard for a parent to do.  But, it's a wonderful way to teach a child that not everyone wins all the time, and that when you lose, you can become stronger, and can feel compassion for others who don't always win.   It's a lesson in the real world!      At some point everyone fails at something.  It's how they deal with it that shows their real character!  

7. Share with us one fun thing on your March calendar.
 

As I said above, I have my sister and her girlfriend coming here to visit for a week.  I'm looking forward to that.   I hope the weather will be nice. I hope the azaleas will be in full bloom.  They are just starting to open in a few spots.  I hope we can do a bit of sight-seeing, and maybe take a river boat ride. 

8.  Insert your own random thought here. 

I was struggling with a migraine last night so I didn't stay up and watch the results of all the voting yesterday. I'm glad I didn't. My headache would have been worse - if possible.  I wrote about Trump a couple of posts ago (scan back) and I really just can't believe how far this whole thing is going with him.  Seriously.  Do people not understand that if he beats Hillary (which I hope he doesn't) he will be President of the United States of America?    I understand that many that vote for him are trying to get a point across because they are so tired of Washington politics.  I get it.  We all are.  But, electing Trump will be th wrong, wrong, wrong thing to do!  He is the ultimate ego-maniac and he promises things that will set our country back. He will not make "friends" with our elected, and with world leaders.  He is too rude and crude, and bigoted.    I can go on... and on...       

What is happening to the respect of this office???  


2 comments:

  1. I've never been a big Mad Max fan either. Crazy weather in our part of the state today. I came out of CVS and it was snowing! Ugh! It's quit and is just a nasty rain now, and I think hitting 60 tomorrow, so come on Spring!!

    I just wrote a whole thing about politics here, but it got wordy so I'm just going to say-how depressing is this election cycle? Both sides in my opinion...if it comes down to a Trump-Hillary run off God help us. They're both awful, in different ways, but ugh. Is this the best we can do? Is this what we've become?

    ReplyDelete