If you aren't running around crazy right now getting all the prep work done for Thanksgiving, then take a minute and read this week's Hodgepodge questions and my answers.
1. What's something you might say runs in your family?
Double chins. And we don't like it! lol
Can I say intelligence?? sure. And beauty!
2. I read here a list of ten things you should do before 2017 arrives (in less than six weeks!)...which tasks on the list might you do? What would you add to your own 'before the year ends' list?
visit your Dr. or dentist, deep clean your home, donate unwanted items to charity, look someone in the eye and tell them you love them, write an honest letter to yourself, clean up your inbox-desktop-photos, travel to a place you haven't been, compliment a stranger, watch the sunrise, think ahead to your goals/plans for the new year
Of those listed, I suppose I should clean up my inbox and photos. I need to put lots of my phone pictures into albums so I can find them easier when I want to download them. I just went through looking for pictures to use on our Christmas card this year. It took too long because I had not grouped them in to albums. It's a good project to do while sitting in front of the TV.
Would I add anything else? Before 2017? No. I just need to get back into exercise more regularly.
3. What's something other generations (not your own) misunderstand about your generation?
This is a toughie. My generation? I am a baby boomer and I think the generations before misunderstand our pace. We move faster than before... with work, job changes, travel, even during our leisure times.
They don't understand our "throw away" lifestyle too. But, that's because they held on to things much more. Merchandise was built to last, was not easily replaced, and was repairable. Now things are made and bought only to last a limited amount of time.
4. Sweet potato casserole, mashed potatoes and gravy, cornbread dressing-which would you miss the most if it weren't on the holiday dinner menu?
I am a dressing lover - with gravy on it. I think Thanksgiving Day is the only time I eat it - so it is a special dish and one that I will go back to for seconds! I like it as leftovers too the next day!
5. What are you overthinking right now?
Ha! This question made me chuckle! People who know me will say I am overthinking the whole election and the results...and the concerns of our future the next 4 years.
6. Your favorite slang word lately?
I'm not coming up with anything. How about Hey ya'll. (I live in the south.)
7. Write an acrostic for the word grateful.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I can't believe Thanksgiving is here. Then comes Christmas... so, my mantra of "breathe, and don't let the expectations get me down" has started. Relax. Enjoy.
Have a SAFE Thanksgiving. Take a moment around the table and say one thing you are thankful for this past year... that you didn't have the year before.