Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Are you lucky?

Happy Hodgepodge Day!    Here are this week's questions with my answers.  Feel free to play along. 

1.  Share a favorite song, book, or movie that contains green in it's title?  

Immediately I thought of Kermit singing "It's Not Easy Being Green".   I googled "song titles with green" and found many!  Who knew?!? SO, I will say I absolutely love Barbra Streisand singing "Evergreen."

2.   Ralph Waldo Emerson is quoted as saying 'Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect.'  Would you agree?  Are you a believer in luck? 

I guess I first have to think of my definition of "luck."   Sometimes in life things go our way, sometimes they don't.  When they do go well - is that just good luck? Or opposite? Bad luck?   No, not really.  It's just "life." 

I do agree with Mr. Emerson's quote though in terms that it is more likely for good things to happen if you work for them, and put thought behind consequences.  Waiting around and doing nothing and hoping for good luck is silly, and wasteful.

3.  Spring water, Hot Springs, handspring, spring fling, spring break, spring fever, offspring... which 'spring' word best applies to something in your day, week, or life right now? 

Right now I have two 'spring' words that apply BIG time to me!  First....Spring fever!!!  I am loving the sudden turn of season, and the warmer temperatures!  I am loving the blooms popping on the trees and nature coming back to life! And, I love the fact that I am back to wearing shorts and flip flops!!    The other 'spring' word is offspring, because I am only a little over a month away from my first-born's wedding and I have been doing much of the planning.  (See my blog post below this one.)  

4.  What's  something you do to make you look or feel more confident? 

I know it's vanity, but I put on make-up before I go out the door!   I try to look my best... and that helps me feel confident to face the day.   But, I will say that once my morning make-up routine is done, I kind of forget about it.  Unless I look in a mirror later in the day... and wonder who that is looking back!  lol

5.  It's National Celery Month...  are you a fan?  If so, what's a snack or dish you enjoy that calls for celery? 

I like celery and I have some in the fridge right now.  For me, celery is best dipped, or with a dab of peanut butter on it.  I don't like it plain.  I also love celery in a Bloody Mary drink!  Oh, yes, I DO enjoy it that way!!  ( :

6.  What's one thing you wish you'd learned sooner?  

Well you know that giving only "one" thing is impossible for me.  So, here's a short list... I wish I had learned that saying "no" is okay. I wish I had learned that I can make a difference in the world and done more early on.  I wish I had learned that cliques in school are stupid, and that everyone is the same.  I wish I had been more expressive at a younger age.

7.  Would you like to own a second home?  If so, where yould you want that home to be? 

Hubby and I do own a second home.  We bought a "fixer-upper" cabin on a river about 40 minutes from here a few years ago.   Why?  Hubby loves boating. He grew up for awhile living on a river with a dock - and wanted that experience again.   He found this place via Zillow, and it's been a fun adventure for the both of us - with help from some professionals.  We have steadily made improvements - like a new screened porch and deck, some new flooring, etc.  I have enjoyed the cosmetic decorating of the place.   We added a fire pit and have done some landscaping.

We love having family and friends over - and sometimes stay there.   It's a great "get-away" that is easy to get too, so we actually use it!   We wanted a place that was "reachable" and even though it's not far to drive, it truly feels like it's a million miles away.   

(Since hubby went back to work after 6 months of retirement, he turned the master bedroom into his office and works from there often.  He "commutes" back and forth but sometimes just stays the night and chills on the dock. Not a bad work environment!!)

8.  My random thought.  

I'm not a big reality show viewer, but I got caught up in "Southern Charm" last year and last night was the 2nd season premiere on Bravo.  Anybody else out there watching it??  Besides April!  I know she's with me on the love of watching T-Rav and the cast of rich Charlestonians.   I love it because I live "up the road" from Charleston and yes, Thomas Ravenal really did run again Lindsey Graham last year - and it is part of this season's show.   He's quite the obnoxious, rich man... and as much as I'd love to see someone beat Graham, T-Rav would not be the guy!     Another reason I love the show  I love watching all the clips of the city in-between scenes.   

Hope your week ahead is springy!!!  

 

4 comments:

  1. I've never watched Southern Charm though I was a little tempted to since we have friends living in Charleston.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so with you on number four! Happy Hodgepodge and may Spring come soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, a Bloody Mary...didn't think of that. Celery isn't my number one garnish (we love ours with pickled okra). And (shock!) we had the same song : ) It's flurrying here at the moment. Delightful. NOT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, you KNOW I didn't miss a bit of "Southern Charm" the other night! T-Rav just annoys me to no end, though. He's like a glorified frat boy that has never matured. I love Cameron...she tells it like it is and two seconds later throws in a "Bless your heart." I will say that T-Rav and Katherine created the cutest baby I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete