It's Tuesday and Hodgepodge time... here we go!
1. What's the first image that comes to mind when you hear the word 'spring'? Which phrase best describes the season of spring where you live right now (today) - sprung!, almost there, or still waiting?
My first image of spring is always daffodils opening up! I have planted them in every yard at every house I have lived in over the years because when I see them I know spring has arrived. Around these parts we don't have too many forsythia bushes but they also speak out "spring!" to me! I guess the color yellow = spring!
Around here Spring has SPRUNG!!! The temps are warmer, the spring flowers are blooming, the trees are budding and are about to flower, and soon the pollen will be everywhere! lol
(Side note to Joyce: Get that house sold and move on down to South Carolina!)
2. Bed, couch, stapler, garage door, computer mouse, recliner, flashlight, door knob... which household item containing springs most needs replacing in your home? Speaking of springs... did you ever own a Slinky?
Man, I was wondering where Joyce was going with this question when I started to read it. Things with springs!! Well, the bed box springs are pretty new and the stapler works just fine. The garage doors are operating, and I don't use a computer mouse (I have a laptop.) The recliner goes up and down, and all the door knobs seem to function just fine. So, I will go with flashlights... but not because the springs don't work. I think some of them around the house need new batteries.
A Slinky? I don't remember having one as a kid - but my daughters had one as a toy.
3. March is Women's History Month. Share a favorite quote by a woman.
"Sometimes your only available transportation is a leap of faith." - Margaret Shepard
4. What's a question that looms large in your mind right now?
Well, I have a family member with some health issues. That is looming large right now. I also have my daughter's wedding next month - and my biggest question/concern is the weather! We plan to have the ceremony and reception outdoors at a beautiful plantation nearby. So, what will the weather be??? (Can you all stop here & say a little prayer for gorgeous weather on April 25th?? Thank you!)
5. Are you a sugar freak? By that I mean how much do you love sugar? With all the bad press sugar gets these days, have you made any efforts to reduce the amount of sugar you consume?
Everything in moderation! Too much of any one thing is never good. We need a balanced diet to get what our body needs. So, no, I have not made an effort to change my sugar consumption. I don't consider myself a sugar freak anyway.
6. Would you rather have less work to do or more work you enjoy doing?
Is this a trick question? If I'm doing something I enjoy it's not really work.... right? I don't know if Joyce is asking about "paid employment"...vs. an activity that I do. But, truly, if I am doing some sort of work that I enjoy - then bring it on!!
7. Ever been to Texas? Of the top ten Texas tourist attractions, which would you most like to see - the Alamo, the San Antonio River Walk, the State Capitol, Dallas World Aquarium, Padre Island National Seashore, Houston Space Center, Schlitterbahn Waterpark in New Braunfels, Six Flags Fiesta Texas, Moody Gardens, or Galveston Island?
My only time in Texas was flying into Houston's Airport to take a shuttle to the commercial docks to get on a cruise ship. We were supposed to cruise out of New Orleans but the port was quickly changed because Katrina hit the week before! So, my opinion of my experience in Texas is not good. I basically went from an unimpressive airport, past miles of huge oil holding tanks, to a busy dock area. I was not impressed with what I saw in Houston.
Now, I know Texas is a HUGE state, so I know not to judge it all by my one experience. But, I must say that Texas has never been on my "states I want to see" list. I should not stereotype but I am not a fan of certain people that come from there, or of the policies. Nuff said.
Of the places on the list in the question above, I think I would enjoy the River Walk in San Antonio very much - and also the Padre Island National Seashore.
7. My random thought.
So, yesterday I heard a commercial on the radio for a new kind of smoke alarm, which is now available at Home Depot. The ad said that batteries don't need to be replaced and THEY NEVER BEEP!!!! I thought to myself..."finally!!! I should have been in on that discovery because it will make people rich AND happy!!"
I hope Spring has sprung where you are...and that snow is melting! Have a good week friends!