Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Hello to April!

On the calendar this week we find April Fool's Day and Easter, so a few of the Hodgepodge questions have to do with fooling, and with eggs. Well, not eggs-actly!  Read on!!

1.  In honor of the date... when were you last sent on a 'fool's errand?'

The last trip I remember without accomplishing anything was my trip to the dermatologist.  I wrote about it in a blog post last month.  So, I won't go into detail here, but I felt like a fool after preparing, driving there...and then finding the office closed.  Yes, I felt foolish, but also irritated.   It was a waste of my time - but I was not at fault.  I had the date & time right, but the dermatology office never called to tell me they would be closed.   By the way, it happened on a Friday, the 13th.   Uh-huh.

2.  Peter Rabbit, Bugs Bunny, the Energizer Bunny, the Easter Bunny, Rabbit (Pooh's friend), White Rabbit (of Wonderland fame), or the Trix Rabbit... which of these famous rabbits can you best relate to right now?

Well, my favorite is Bugs Bunny.  But, which one can I relate to now?  Tougher question.  I think this week I like to think that I am like the Easter Bunny, thinking of springtime and re-birth and strengthening in my faith.  I am a bit of the Energizer Bunny right now too because I have a busy April ahead (you know, the wedding...  lots of last minute things to do!)

3.  When did you last find yourself scrambling to get something done?  Explain. 

Those who know me know that I do NOT like to be caught off guard and have to scramble.  I like to plan ahead, and I like to be prepared ahead of time.  I find comfort in getting something done with time to spare.  So, last time I scrambled??    Nothing is coming to me.   Can I say that my answer pleases me?  It does!  I find my life much less stressful, more peaceful, without scrambling!

4.  Last time you were up at the literal crack of dawn?  Why?  Last time you stayed up all night?  Why? 

The last time I got up at the crack of dawn was the Sunday morning earlier in March when we had the time change. "Spring forward"  meant losing an hour of sleep and getting up when it was dark, and waiting for the first light of day.  I am a member of our handbell choir at church and we were offering a musical piece so I had to be at church at 7:40am to quickly rehearse and be prepared before the 8:15am service.

I don't think I have EVER stayed up all night.   I love my sleep - and I love being on a routine.  Even back in college I studied til midnight or so, then went to bed.  I have taken some overnight flights but have dozed on them...although, I guess that would probably be the closest thing to being up all night.

5.  Crack a book, crack a bottle, crack a joke, crack an egg...  which have you done most recently?  

I started reading "Orphan Train" by Kristina Baker Kline 3 days ago.  And, I am sure I have cracked a new bottle of chardonnay in the past couple of days!

6.  What's your favorite part of a typical weekend?  Tell us why that's so.

Just one favorite part??  I have a few.   I love Friday Night Dinner Out.  It's been a family tradition for years and years.  When our daughters were children we always went out as a family on Friday evening.  Often to Krogh's in Sparta.  The girls don't live at home anymore but hubby and I still do a Friday night dinner out.  He works and travels some, so Friday is a nice end of the week for him to chill, have a drink or two, and a nice dinner.  We spend a few hours at dinner catching up on our week at one of our favorite places here in Pawleys Island.      I have to add that during college football season: I love Saturdays! 

7.  What's something I'd find on a book shelf in your home?  Other than a book I mean! 

Family pictures!   I have a few bookcases around that hold a mix of books, pictures, and some little knick-knacks.


8.   My random thought. 

I met with my wedding planner and the caterer - together -yesterday.   I wanted them to meet each other, and to go over the arrangements.  Oh, and yes, a few more things have been added to my "to do" list also.   But,  it will all get done.     Seriously, how tough it would be to put on a wedding without help!!   I am thankful to have the professionals stepping in at this point and leading the way!   My daughter's wedding will be a beautiful day - and I look forward to sharing pictures.   Please continue to say a prayer for a beautiful weather day!  We want everything outside if possible!   Also, I hadn't thought about bugs being an issue. That came up in yesterday's meeting.   Might have to have the place sprayed a few days before!   Ka-ching!!

Have a wonderful week, and to my Christian friends, a meaningful passion week - to Easter!   He is Risen.  He is risen indeed.




3 comments:

  1. I do love weekend football, forgot about that. Ah, the 'surprise' expenses...there are a few, no matter how well you've planned. We stayed pretty close to our budget, but I feel like I'll know better for the next one. We had three inches of snow here yesterday, but my daughter in SC texted me a picture while she was sitting at the pool. Praying you get that sunny day your daughter is hoping for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was never one to pull an all-nighter, either, in college . Midnight or one o'clock was all my brain could handle A good night's sleep and an early wake up serve me better. I checked out that restaurant you linked to; bet it's good.

    Have a wonderful Resurrection Day. He is risen indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was never one to pull an all-nighter, either, in college . Midnight or one o'clock was all my brain could handle A good night's sleep and an early wake up serve me better. I checked out that restaurant you linked to; bet it's good.

    Have a wonderful Resurrection Day. He is risen indeed!

    ReplyDelete