Speaking of being cold... read on!
1. Is your house air conditioned? If it's not air conditioned, is that by choice? Did you grow up with air conditioning? If not, how did you cope with the heat? Share about a time or place you remember as being too hot - the temperature kind of hot, lest anyone be confused.
Yes, my house has central air conditioning. I live in the south so it's a must! And, not just to cool the temperature but to get rid of the humidity in the air!
Growing up our house did not have AC. I'm thinking back to the days when I was a kid living in Ohio. We had a huge built-in hallway ceiling fan on the second floor to suck the hot air out. When you turned the thing on it sounded like a jet engine taking off! I remember when my dad got a window air conditioner for his office in the house. He converted the attic space into an office and into a bedroom for my brother. Obviously it would get very, very hot up there. So, he put in a window AC unit and that's where we would like to hang out when it was really warm. He had a small black & white TV up there too. It made a great little get-away spot.
I also remember going on long car trips without AC. All the windows would be "rolled" down... and the warm air blew on us three kids (and the dog) in the backseat. Dad always got a very tan left arm from resting it on the open windowed door while driving.
2. What's something in your life right now that falls under the heading 'up in the air'?
Personally, nothing really. I guess it would be that our pastor has accepted a call/job at a church in suburban Chicago and he and his family are leaving next month. It makes me sad because he is a great pastor and person, and I just love his wife and children too! So, our congregation will have an interim pastor as we go through the process of finding a new pastor. We will be 'up in the air' for about a year until all of that happens.
3. Your favorite light and airy dessert.
I am not a big dessert eater. I really only eat dessert on special occasions. So, believe it or not, it's a tough question for me. I am going to pass on the "light and airy" part and just say a warm brownie. lol
4. When did you last feel like you were floating on air?
I could not get the video to load. Drat. Sorry.
5. Airport, airmail, airtight, airhead... which have you recently encountered?
Well, I guess I AM a bit of an airhead at times. So, I will go with that. Sometimes, I can't make my brain work fast enough to retrieve a name or past situation, and that upsets me. Scares me. I think I come across as an airhead.
6. Have you been to the Alps? If so, where did you go? If not, is this a destination on your must-see list? If you were headed that direction this summer, which of the following would be your preferred activity... a gentle walk, a serious walk, a bike ride, a boat ride around one of the lakes, or summer snow skiing?
Yes, I have been to the Alps! I have been to both the Switzerland and the Austrian Alps... back in the early 2000's when I chaperoned on Sussex County Youth Orchestra music trips. One of the group's concerts was played in Mayerhofen, a beautiful town at the foot of the Zillertal-Achensee range (yes, I had to check back in our scrapbook to remember that name!) We went on this trip in early July and there was snow up on those mountains. People were skiing at the top. We also went to Engelberg and Lucerne, Switzerland. We went to the top of Mt. Pilatus on a cog train. It was very cool and foggy on that day.
If I went back I would probably prefer a serious hike - and really any hike in the mountains is serious, isn't it?
7. What is one saying or phrase that was considered 'cool' when you were growing up?
Well, I must go back to question 5, and say I can't get my brain to recall specific sayings.... I do remember calling girls "guys" which my mom never understood. Guess it sounded better than saying 'girls' or 'gals'! ha!
8. My random thought today.
I could randomly write about what all continues to go on in our country... deep stuff. But, no, it's summertime, and it's the start of a beautiful day as I type this!! So, I will say to you all to have a wonderful day!! I hope you get rain if your area needs it - and I hope you stay safe. I don't always agree with my blogging friends here when I read their replies, but I am happy that I can enjoy a place here on this site, where we can all agree to disagree - and still wish each other a beautiful day!