Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Summertime: the good and the bad.

It's Hodgepodge time! 

1.  Some of my blogger friends are taking the "101 in 1001 challenge."    They are creating a list of 101 things they hope to accomplish in the next 1001 days.   What's one thing you'd put on the list?

Since I can only list one thing, I believe it is to get back on an exercise program.  I have slacked off somewhat over the summer and I need to get back to it for better physical and mental health!  (And no, I should not wait til the 1001st day to start back into it.)

2. How many remote controls do you have in your house? What's one item in your house you wish you could operate by remote control?

If I counted correctly, the number is 9.  We have one for each TV and a couple of them have two.  (Don't ask me why!?!)  We have a remote for our gas fireplace in the living room. We also have a remote for an Ipod player in our master bathroom.  Our cars have remote contol for the garage doors bu they are "programmed in" so I don't know if that counts.  The one item I wish had a remote control?  We have a firepit in our backyard and I would probaby use it more if it had a remote control (and gas line) to turn it on and off.

3. What does "having it all" mean to you? Is it attainable?

To "have it all" means to feel complete and happy.  It means a person is satisfied.   Yes, it is attainable!  I have proof of it.  I am blessed, and have it all!

4. What's your favorite movie soundtrack?

I automatically go to a movie musical.  My first thought:  "Grease".    Also "Saturday Night Fever" but I don't like that movie storyline.  It's depressing.

5. Describe the last view you've seen from a rooftop. 

Last September I  was with my hubby and daughters on the rooftop at a brewery in Bruge, Belgium!  We took a tour of the local brewery there while on vacation, and we got to go up to the top, out on the roof - and look out on the "old city" of Bruge.  It was lovely! 

6. What's your least favorite thing about summer?

I hate to even answer this because I AM a summer person! It's my favorite season!  I like so, so much associated with this time of year.  But, since you asked, I guess I have to say the afternoon humidity.  I live in the lowcountry in South Carolina and it gets sweltering here sometimes.  This summer we have had a long stretch of really hot, humid days.  I try to plan outdoor activities for morning or evening but because we have had an "extreme" summer the mosquitos are abundant and biting during those times.  

7. Today is August 1st.  In ten words or less sum up your month of July.

Hot, fun times together with family and friends!

8. My random thought.

I went to the new Target store (it just opened!) yesterday.  I was very excited about taking my time and going up and down each aisle because I had not been in a Target in a long time.  I quickly realized that at this time of year the store devotes it's wares and space to "Back to School", especially for those going off to college.   It felt weird because I didn't have to do any of that shopping.  Both daughters have finished (SUCCESSFULLY) their educations.  I'm very proud - but it made me a bit melancholy as I watched so many people in the store selecting dorm room items and buying new school supplies.

3 comments:

  1. Brugge is such a charming city. Exercise is on my list too...somehow writing it down makes me feel more accountable : ) I know what you mean about the back to school shoppers. I've been buying teacher goodies for my daughter to fill the void : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having lived in the south for 10 years, I must admit I do NOT miss the extreme humidity of the summers there! Idaho is much drier! :-) Thank you for your kind words on my blog as well - have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Target. And the back to school stuff is so much fun, even if we don't still have little ones going back to school. :)
    Your rooftop view sounds lovely. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete