Saturday, September 15, 2012

Seeing the world through a camera lens

I have become a crazy photo-taking nut! I know it. I apologize to the many that see my pictures I continually post on Facebook.   But, this is why I have gotten into photography:

*  As singer Gary Allen says "Life ain't always beautiful, but it's a beautiful ride! "  I have opened my eyes up to the beauty around me.

*  Hubby and I have spent a lot of time on our boat, just purchased this summer.  We have discovered a whole 'nother world out there, right in our own backyard - literally.  Beyond our house, and over the old ricefields is the Waccamaw River/Itracoastal Waterway.   From the waterway we have discoverd endless creeks and unspoiled lands, full of nature. 

I always knew we were fortunate to live near the ocean, but I didn't realize how awesome the river system here is too.  We are blessed to live in an area that offers both, and thankfully it's preserved and untouched.  South Carolina has it's share of problems but one thing the state has done right is to protect the rivers, the old ricefields, and the lands around it.  The history is still right there - old "trunks" (locks) for flooding the ricefields, old dock landings, etc.   An era gone by. 

* Camera technology has come a long way!  I have a Canon that fits in my handbag and goes everywhere with me. I am always prepared in case I see something so beautiful or interesting that I just HAVE to "keep" it on film.  Did I say film?  Ha!  Correction:  keep it on my photocard.   I can quickly, and easily, download pictures right on to my computer - and on to my Facebook page. 

* I still love taking pictures of people best - my family, friends, and my dog!  Miss Honeybee is often posing or doing something so cute!  ha!  My kitties are "subjects" too.  But I do love the moments I see, and I want to "capture" them... 

So, bear with me.  Facebook is the perfect place to "album" them and to include captions.  If you are a blogging friend, and would like to see my pics, "friend" me on FB with a note that you want to see my pictures.   


1 comment:

  1. You are blessed to live so close to water where you can enjoy all that nature sends your way. So glad for you.

    ReplyDelete