Thinking what you will do for vacation this summer? Here are Joyce's Hodgepodge questions and my answers. You can respond too! Please do!
1. What is a pet peeve you have when vacationing? I don't know about you but sometimes it's hard to get everyone you are with on vacation to agree on an activity, or to pick a restaurant. If you are on vacation with a group it seems nobody wants to be the "ring leader" and make the decisions. So, you sit around and wait... and time goes by, because everyone wants to be "too nice" and not be the chief to the indians (sorry. I guess that's not a politically correct thing to say.) If there are more than 4 or 5 people in your group vacationing together, just ASSUME not everyone will want to do the same thing at the same time.
2. Would you describe yourself as a light packer or do you need every in your closet plus the kitchen sink? I tend to pack on the light side, at least compared to other females. I try and pack two outfits per day, one for day and one for evening. Summer vacations are much easier to pack for since clothes are lighter in weight and no heavy sweaters or coats are needed. And, to tell you the truth, if I'm going on a vacation I prefer to be going to a warm weather place. I don't like cold places or cold weather sports. I 'm not a skier.
3. What's the best lesson a child ever taught you? I think I have learned from children in general to "live in the moment" and to enjoy simple things in life. Adults, myself included, tend to worry too much, especially about things that have yet to be. I used to be more fretful than I am now.
4. Share one piece of advice you'd give a recent graduate as they attempt to enter the job market. My advice is to be open for any job possibility. Don't limit the search and be willing to start at the bottom and work your way up. Then work hard and show the employer how valuable you are to the company!
5. What's your favorite lemon something? I'm not a big lemon lover. A squeeze of lemon juice in water or in iced tea is nice. That's about the only time I use it.
6. Flat sandal, wedge, heel - your favorite footwear? Easy answer: sandals, and specifically flip-flops! I live in them most of the summertime. I am NOT a shoe shopper and do not like the latest fads. I stick with basic shoes. If I can't wear a flip-flop, I will wear a flat shoe. Docksiders for casual, mules too. I'm tall so I don't like to add more inches with a heel, and I think I'd fall off of them anyway!
7. What do you like best about a beach holiday? If you are not a beach lover (GASP), what do you dislike the least? I love being at the beach! I live only about 1 1/2 miles from the beach! My favorite part: the breeze from the ocean air. I love sitting and reading. My least favorite part of going to the beach is lugging everything from the car to the right spot on the sand, and back. We have a rolling, folding beach cart to put chairs in, and a cooler, some music, a book, and beach toys, etc. It helps.
8. My random thought. This coming Sunday is Mother's Day. My mother died in 2003. I can't believe it's been so long ago! The years sure go by. It is still strange to be in stores and see Mother's Day card sections and advertisements - and know I can't buy my mother a gift. I am a mother and I appreciate my daughters giving me recognition. They always give me a very sweet card with a lovely message. I love being their mom! I am so lucky to have them!!