Monday, October 3, 2011

birthdays

Tomorrow is my hubby's birthday.  If I do the calculations right I have known him over half his life now. And, we've have been married almost all of those years - we dated & married rather quickly.  No need to say we have celebrated a bunch of our birthdays together.

I don't know about you all, but after a while it gets hard to come up with something fun and different to make the celebration "unique" and enjoyable.  I remember one year we surprised him with a meatloaf birthday cake when he was on the Atkins diet, and we have gotten him various games to play. Big boys are still boys and they always like their games and toys! No matter the age!

 Tomorrow he will be in another state due to his business.  So, we will push back "his day" til Friday.  We plan to drive up to Charlotte and go see Toby Keith in concert.  Toby is one of hubby's favorite country singers.  I'm looking forward to it. Hubby and I have both gotten into country music the last couple of years - it's something we share together.

We are lucky that over the years we have had a couple of "similiar interests" or hobbies. I really think that's what keeps couples together.  For us, it's golf, and watching football, our pets, enjoying dining out, warm weather, and country music.   (Oh -and our daughters too.  That goes without saying! We plan on having a birthday lunch with them on Saturday.)

So, another birthday is almost here.  Another celebration!   Gift giving can sometimes be challenging.  But, I guess what's best is to remember that the REAL GIFT is having the person in your life! 

H A P P Y     B I R T H D A Y   ! ! !

No comments:

Post a Comment