Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Remembering the past...

Hello Facebook and blogging friends!  Here are this week's Hodgepodge questions and my answers. As always, I love to hear your responses too.  Let me know what you think!

1.  What's one thing that's still the same about you as when you were young? 

I'm laughing at this because it is a lot easier to answer what is NOT the same:  my hair!  Looking back over the years I have had various lengths, colors, textures (straight/perms), and styles!  Some of them were pretty scary!   But, one thing that has stayed the same?   Actually it's nothing physical.  Aging does change the body!  So, I will say my beliefs.  I have not waivered from knowing right from wrong, and in living my life to be kind and to serve others.  God is central in my life and therefore I live my life in response to His grace and love for me.

2.   What's more important - history or science? 

I have to say history is more important.  We learn from what has come before us.  We honor those who have forged the way.  Science has certainly given us unbelievable medical advances and an easier way of living, but the people who came before us who did not "enjoy" the science that we do now still lived full lives.   Think about it.  Would you rather read a history book or a science book?  HA!!  No doubt in my mind...  it's history!

3.  Lima, kidney, string, garbanzo, black or pinto - your favorite bean? 

The good ole green bean!  I love them as a side dish, or in a casserole... and we can't have  Thanksgiving without the green bean mushroom soup dish!  You didn't ask, but my least favorite is the lima bean.  Blech.

4.  What's something people come to your town to do? 

Easy answer! I live in a vacation resort town.  So, people come here to enjoy the beach, and to play golf, and to spend time with family, and to boat, and go up to Myrtle Beach to the amusement parks and boardwalk.   I am fortunate to live full-time in a place some people come to for a week of vacation.

5.  When was the last time you were in a meeting?   Sum it up for us in five words or less. 

I attended a Habitat for Humanity meeting one week ago, last Tuesday morning.  I am on the "Church relations" committee and each year we help build a local Habitat house with other churches in the area.  The five words:  productive, informational, new family home.

6.  What special event would you like a VIP pass to attend? 

I immediately thought about the CMA Festival I attend each June.  This coming year will be my 4th year in a row!  I love it!!!  It would be beyond awesome to have a special VIP pass and be "up close and personal" with all those great musicians and to experience the week long event from the "inside."  

7.  What's one piece of advice you'd give a writer? 

I think a better question is what advice would a writer give me?!! I'd love to know!  I wish I could express myself better and could be a "writer" - and I suppose it is one reason I decided to blog.  I like practicing my writing skills, such as they are.   But, my little piece of advice for a writer:  be positive.  Write about things that can change the world for the better.

8.  My random thought. 

I find myself busy most evenings right now with outside activities and am not turning the TV on as much.  It's a good thing - but I have not seen DWTS and I missed last night's "The Voice" premiere.   I will NOT miss "American Idol" tho when it comes back on - it's my favorite of the talent "reality" shows.  What's your favorite?     Wondering...did you watch the Emmy's?   I don't watch any of the drama shows that were nominated/won.   But, I was certainly glad to see The Colbert Report win!  I love Stephen Colbert - and his writers are the best!

Have a good week all.  You know what  day tomorrow is?  What day is it?  Hey - what day is it??   It's hump day!    ( :






4 comments:

  1. Watch for my answers tomorrow, but I enjoyed reading your responses ahead of Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Count me in on the CMA Festival! How FUN!!! My poor hair has been through the mill, too! I had body perms way back in the late-80's/early 90's that made me look like a Chia Pet! I even had a mullet at one point! Wasn't a pretty sight, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am with you on the hair. I have finally stopped coloring it and have heard a lot of opinions on going gray.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do like The Voice, and we watched the whole thing on Monday night, and some of last night's show. We didn't watch the Emmys because football was on, and hubs is rooting big time for Peyton this year as he's the qb on his fantasy team. Small town NJ is probably pretty much like you remember : )

    ReplyDelete