Tuesday, April 26, 2016

The good and bad of April.

After a week away, we have the Hodgepodge back.  So, let's see the questions!  Shall we?  I will respond with my answers.  Feel free to answer too.

1. This is the last Hodgepodge in April. Share something you learned this month. 
Well, I know I learned something this past month. In fact, I probably learned lots of new things.  But, here's my problem - and perhaps you can relate:  I forget what I learn!  So... let me think about this for a few minutes. I will come back after I finish the other questions. 

Ok. I'm back.  I learned the difference between a psychopath and a sociopath!  I was on a long car ride with friends and we got to wondering about how a person can be born without having empathy for others, or how they can exist without concern for their fellowman.  They have no sense of 'feeling the pain of others.'  So, one friend brought out her iphone and googled (oh, how I love Google!) and we discovered both are similiar in many ways, but a sociopath is much more nervous and explodes, while a psychopath stays calms, plans out bad behavior, and can 'act normal' easier.  

Gee, aren't you glad you asked?!?     Let's move on...

2.  It's National Poetry Month, and we all know you can't escape an April Hodgepodge without a little poetry. Keeping the first line as is, change the rest of the wording in this familiar rhyme to make it your own - 'Hickory Dickory Dock...
Hickory Dickory Dock, the politicians love to mock,
the worst comes out, more than we ever knew...
as to even complain about how a guy chews! 
Hickory Dickory Dock... 
Oh, one guy even talked about his...  __ ock. 
 
3. What were one or two rules in the home you grew up in? Growing up, did you feel your parents were strict? Looking back do you still see it that way? 
We had a chore list of things to do.  I remember it well...  it was taped inside the pantry door in our Cleveland Heights home.   If we did our chores for the week, we got rewarded.  We were motivated by getting ice cream. My sis and I took turns cleaning dinner dishes and loading them into the dishwasher.    We also had to be home by the time the street lights came on. (Yes, we really did have that rule.) 

No, I didn't think my parents were too strict.  Although, I was the 'baby' of three kids so I see it from my place in the family.  By the time I came around my older sister and older brother had already broken in my parents!  lol

4. Tell us about a kitchen or cooking disaster or mishap you've experienced. Do you have many from which to choose? 
Well, once I made Christmas cookies and forgot to put in flour.   I think I measured the sugar... than reached for the sugar bag again and thought it was the flour.  Measured more...and in went more sugar!   The cookies were VERY sugary!!!  And super sweet and moist.   And I think they all went into the trash.  
I don't have many disasters because I really don't spend time in the kitchen. I don't enjoy cooking and trying out new recipes. 

5. Plant a kiss, plant doubt, plant a tree, plant yourself somewhere...which on the list have you most recently planted? 
I have planted flowers!  I did that over this past weekend. But of the list above, I think I have to go with 'plant myself somewhere.'  I'm still getting over my foot injury and I try to rest it.  So, I have planted myself on a back deck chair, read my Book Club book, and sat and enjoyed the beautiful weather right now.

6. What's your most worn item of clothing this time of year? Are you tired of it? 
Most worn? I have a khaki colored skort (skirt with shorts under it) that I have had for years - but I still love it and wear it often. It's worn a lot AND it's the fabric is getting worn.  I like it because it goes with many different colors of tops.   I am NOT tired of it! And, I'm happy it still fits!

7. I'm wrapping up the A-Z Blog Challenge this month and our Hodgepodge lands on letter W. What's one word beginning with W that describes you in some way? How about a word to describe your home, also beginning with W?
Me?   Willing (but sometimes Wimpy if something is scary!) 

My home?   Welcoming!

8. Insert your own random thought here. 
My favorite months are just starting now...   yes, it's my favorite time of year!   I love the warmer weather, the longer hours of daylight, the kick-back feeling in summer, the family get-togethers, and the concerts I see this time of year.   
Bring it on!   

2 comments:

  1. Ahh, what did we do before Google?! Wondered I guess or at least had to wait to search an encyclopedia. Which were pretty much out of date as soon as they were printed. I love that we get a true spring in the south. I'm happy with a bit less winter : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love google. I wish our Spring would make it's mind up the last couple of days have been really cold and we even had hailstones and a bit of sleet! I've got a sweet tooth but I think even I'd have given up on your cookies! Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete