Sunday, January 1, 2017

Hello 2017

H A P P Y     N E W     Y E A R   ! ! ! !

Today is January 1, 2017.            2017.          We all have to get used to writing that!      

I sit here thinking of all the fun and good things that happened in 2016.  Too many to remember really!   The wonderful times at the riva with family and friends - especially the annual 4th of July gathering. The love of our pugs and their amusing faces.   The annual trip to the CMA Fest and all the other concerts I attended.   Playing handbells and flute in various places with musical friends

Boating trips on the SC rivers.   Many great books read and interesting book club discussions.  A new home and a new street-ful of friends. The quilting group at church.   The annual family get-together at Lakeside and then Dad's 90th birthday! 

We had no serious accidents or illnesses in 2016.   We survived hurricane Matthew's visit (more or less.  Out of small disasters come beautiful moments.)   I turned a new decade.  Stan continued to work - and work out.   We live in a beautiful place on this earth.    We joyfully downsized and it became an exercise in putting 'things' into perspective and knowing it really isn't a big deal.

The year was at times crazy, and sometimes funny, with all the political debates.  TV highlights were the final year of "American Idol" (or is it?) and the special 4 show return of the "Gilmore girls."

The election result sent me into a funk.   But, it has caused me to perhaps widen my perspective of America....and to put my faith in God.

As I think of what 2017 will bring, I admit I worry.  But, I also know that each day I will experience the love of family and friends.  Stan, Lauren, Ryan, Kristen.   I could never ever ask for anything better... then our connection!!   Our little family is the best!  Our text messages keep us close when not together.   Our goofy Friday night bar pictures sent each week are fun.

So, I look forward eagerly to what 2017 brings.   I pray we stay healthy.  Safe.  I pray for peace in our country.  For level heads to make the right decisions.   For love of family, neighbor, and for thoughts of what is best for 'everyman' will rule the year ahead.

Blessings to you all.  2017 -   bring it on!!   





4 comments:

  1. What a lovely post! So positive and kind. I hope I can keep that feeling as the year progresses.The girls and I have a walking challenge this year to walk 2017 miles in 2017. I'm sure they won't have any trouble doing it but, me? I don't know. That's 5.5 miles every day. Every. Single. Day. Plus, 3 of them are runners. They haven't been running in a while but if they run and I'm walking...LOL I look forward to seeing how you keep that positivity running throughout the year because I imagine it will be inspirational! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words. I am less enthusiastic going into this new years compared to some in the past, basically because I think we elected a crazy person. But, I will TRY and stay positive, and keep it in perspective. God first, then family...then country and all the other petty stuff. I applaud the 2017 miles in 2017! sounds tough...but it's a great goal. Maybe you can flashback to an earlier year - like the year you were born and aim for that many miles! ha!! It's all good. Good luck!

      Delete