Saturday, January 6, 2018

Miss me??

Where have I been?  

Perhaps you have been asking that.  Or perhaps not.   But, I have not posted on my blog since late October and I have missed it.  I have not participated in the weekly Hodgepodge since then either and I hope my friends from that group have not given up on me.

So, where have I been??

I HAVE BECOME 'MIMI' TO TWO PRECIOUS AND IDENTICAL TWIN BABY BOYS!! 

Roman and Logan were born on October 29th, coming a bit earlier than my daughter had hoped, but they were born healthy and fine...  just tiny.  The boys spent about 12 days in the NICU to give them time to acclimate themselves to the real world and to have some help in feeding.  They quickly learned and came home to my daughter and SIL's home - and so did I! 

Since then I have learned these things:

* Twins are more than double the work! 

* It takes two (preferably three) adults to rotate the feedings and changings, etc.   AND it's important to rotate sleep time (ours, not theirs! lol).

* I can easily go every other day now with a shower.

* I know all the HGTV shows.

* Books tell you how to handle twin babies but they are not always right.  Same schedule?  No way!  It's best to have them feed at least 45 minutes a part... which includes burping and cuddling.

* Emotions are at the surface.  Joy and frustration.

* I can live without a lot of my usual stuff.

* Dining out is rare and a special occasion.

Okay.  I know I am only the Mimi.  So, the above list is short-lived for me.   Already the boys are changing: growing and becoming more aware of their surroundings.  I am seeing a smile from time to time that isn't just from gas.  Their eyes are focusing more.  They stare at me sometimes... which normally would creep me out a little, but I love that perhaps they are connecting with their Mimi.  In the coming months I plan on bouncing back and forth more between my daughter's home and mine.  And eventually, it will get to the point where I am not needed as much.  I know my daughter can not yet picture that day. But, it will come.

In a few months they will be sleeping better, eating more, crawling, laughing, babbling, and hugging!  Double the work - and double the joy!!

So, I have enjoyed this 'moment in time' living with my daughter and SIL and the adorable little guys.  I am glad I can help out.  I am glad I am needed.   I am glad I am bonding so early with the babies.  I am lucky and blessed to be there.

But, I have been away from my usual life for almost 3 months now.   I will be back.  

Future post titles:

A Less stressful Christmas

Snow in the South

Preparing for another Wedding

Watching Babies Grow


Stay tuned....




3 comments:

  1. What a blessing. I am so happy for you. Enjoy each precious moment!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes you have been missed - I understood why but it's good to know the babies are here and doing well. Looking forward to lots more updates. Being a Mimi/Grandma/Nanny is the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It’s nice to see you back on the blog. So glad everyone is doing well! I’m sure everyone will be into a rhythm soon, and as much fun as it is being there I’m sure it will feel good to be home too. And a wedding! Is there a date?

    ReplyDelete