We are days away from 2012. Goodbye to this year.... it was a truly great one. There were many fun and rewarding times! Many changes - all for the better. I have been so blessed. But, here comes 2 - 0 -1 -2 !!! Ready or not.
It's time to think about "resolutions". Do you make them? And, a better question: do you stick to them? I try to start out a new year with a few in mind, if for nothing more than to direct my head and heart the right way.
Some are abit frivilous. Some more serious. Here's a list I'm considering:
In 2012, I resolve to:
* Exercise more often. This is on my list every year. But with each passing year it becomes more important! Dang, aging. My body is looser, and it's a bit heavier now. So, really...Marla! Exercise! Move! Stretch! As Nike says...do it!
* Eat healthier. This goes right along with the exercise. I really just want to add more fruit (chardonnay grapes don't count although they should), and veggies each day. Stop eating too many carbs.
* Show my love more. I don't always express it like I should. I need to stop and take the time to say it, write a note, do something above and beyond.
* "Enjoy the moment". I'm getting better with this each year. But, I want to continue to live my life with the mindset that God is good, and every day and every moment of every day is valuable. It's a beautiful gift.
* Play the piano more. As my hubby reminds me, I know music, and I have the basics and have tinkered (or "tickled the keys") all my life. I just haven't taken it to the next level.
* Send more cards through snail mail. I still think a person loves to receive a real card in the real mailbox. I know I do. How nice to have something in the mail besides bills and junk. It takes longer than sending an email, or an electronic greeting, or a FB message - and that's why it's appreciated. So, I will resolve to send out more cards this year. Plus, I think the USPS needs my help...
I'm looking forward to the new year. I already have some exciting events coming up on the calendar. June is shaping up to be another "country music month" - we are going back to the CMA Music Fest in Nashville, and we have tickets to see Kenny Chesney & Tim McGraw together in Charlotte. I will probably buy into the Verizon Amplitheatre country package again. That was alot of fun last year!
I have another little great-nephew, or a great niece on the way in May! I have our annual Lakeside trip this summer too. And summer here at the beach! It really is my favorite time of the year. Question: will the Fabians' Cinco (or Seis) de Mayo happen again? It was a great celebration to kick off the summer.
Oh - I digress. I have completely gotten off-topic from resolutions. But, I guess it shows I am excited about the new year, and the possibilities ahead... the few events planned already, and many more (still unknown) to happen too.
So, come on 2012. I'm ready for you! Bring it on!