Saturday, April 21, 2012

Music makes the world go 'round!

I don't believe in reincarnation - but if I did I'd like to come back as a musician.

In this life I am not a trained musician by any stretch of the imagination, but I know enough about it to realize that those who are adept in playing an instrument, or in singing, are very special people.  Some are lucky to be born with some natural talent for it, but some work hard and never give up. (I should have stuck with my piano lessons! ha)  The end result is the ability to produce a piece of music that moves the listeners. A musician can produce a special moment in time.

And like a poem, it's a work of art that lives on forever.

I have often wondered "after I'm gone, what will I have left for this world?"   It seems to me that music is one of the best things possible to leave.   Unfortunately I have to find something else to leave.  I don't think at this point in my life I can sit at the piano and write music and lyrics.  But I wish I could.

So, thank you to those out there who write the songs, and to those who play and sing them so beautifully.  You make my days so enjoyable!  Music makes my world go round! 









No comments:

Post a Comment