Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Hodgepodge #1 in 2013

Wow!  The Hodgepodge questions arrived and it's time to start a new year with Joyce and all the bloggers out there.

1.How did you ring in the new year?

I had good intentions of staying up and watching the ball drop in Times Square, and seeing the musical performances. BUT....  I had two glasses of chardonnay and some Hopping John and I could not even keep my eyes open to watch Clemson vs. LSU.   So, at midnight I was in bed fast asleep.  Exciting, huh?

2. What is one thing you look forward to in 2013?

Just ONE thing?   Then I will answer broadly:  SUMMER!   I love that time of year.  I love living at the beach, and boating, celebrating the 4th of July with a group here, and I love going to Nashville for the CMA Festival... all summer events! 

3. Steven Spielberg is quoted as saying "All of us every single year, we're a different person. I don't think we're the same person all our lives."  What say you?

I will have to disagree with Mr. Spielberg.   I think we each have a core personality/belief system/morale makeup.  Yes, we can "choose" to change and better ourselves...but I don't think we can totally become a different person.  Thankfully!  We are all unique...and we can continue to learn and grow as we age and live on earth.  But, a completely different person each year?   No, I don't believe that.

4. The pantone color of the year for 2013 is green. Like or dislike?  Do you already own something this color?  Will you add something in this shade to your home or wardrobe for 2013?

I never heard of the "pantone color" before so it doesn't make much difference to me.  That being said, I happen to like the color green a lot.  I have several sweaters and jackets in various colors of green.  I guess to match my green eyes!?!

5. Speaking of emerald...what's your favorite gemstone? 

I do not have a "favorite" gemstone BUT I do wear a ring all the time that my hubby gave me on our 20th anniversary.  It has an emerald in the middle - because emerald is the gemstone for the month of May, which is the month we married.  And, it has a little cluster of diamonds on both sides - to represent our two daughters.   Sweet!

6. Share a favorite book or movie from 2012.

I am in a book club and have read several really interesting books this past yearBut, I think the one book that has really stuck with me is "The Book Thief" by Markus Zusak.  I loved the way Mr. Zusak wrote about the innocent children in such a turbulent time during the war, and how they escaped into books, and the love of reading was such a wonderful diversion for them.  The characters were fascinating.  The "action" too.   I highly recommend this book! 

7. What is something you want to tell yourself at the start of this brand new year?

Enjoy the small stuff all the time!  Find the beauty in each day! 

8. My random thought.

Another year come and gone.  They go by quickly.  I celebrate the passing of time (except when it comes to the effects of it on my body. ha!)  I look forward to the unknown and pray that any challenges I may face will not get me down. I thank God for each day and ask Him to help me through any hard times.    Happy New Year everyone!!



5 comments:

  1. Your description of summer made me wish it was June : ) I like the beginnings of winter, but by March it gets pretty old! Hope 2013 is kind to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your description of your ring. I wear my birthstone amethyst in a ring my parents gave me when I graduated highschool. I also have a family ring with the birthstones of my 3 children. I never take them off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to summer as well. My book club read The Book Thief, and also another book by Markus Zusak called I Am the Messenger. I liked it. Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Summer? Blah. I hate summer. Well, not hate. But I am not a fan. It just gets too dang hot down here. But I do love living only 3 miles from the beach- and hearing the surf on windy days and the fog horns on foggy days and the smell of the salt in the air. So, I tolerate summer and enjoy the beach from November through March or April. :) I'm going to have to mention your ring to the husband. Sounds like something I'd like...with a garnet in the middle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE summer as well because I love the heat, the flip flops that I wear and the heat ( I know I said that already but really- love it) I wear a ring wrap that Hubby made for me, it has 2 rubies (July - the month we were married in) and then small diamonds to repersent us and our kids. Love that. Glad you have a ring that your hubby got you.

    ReplyDelete