Friday, January 25, 2013

It's JUST the weather.

Here we are closing in on the end of January.  It's the season of winter so it's supposed to be cold.  I know, I know.  Isn't that what we are to expect?  Of course!

But, my question is if it's "just" the weather WHY does it effect everything we do?  Is there anybody out there who thinks weather is not a factor in how you live your life?  Really?    I'm wondering.

Yes, cold weather certainly makes a difference in how I live my life.  When it turns cold I go outside as little as possible and I run out...and then run back in.  Grab the paper on the driveway, put the trash out fast.  Go from house to car - car to store - store to house.   Gone are the days of piddling in the yard, or taking the dog on a nice, long walk. Gone is sitting out back with a glass of wine and a good book.  Gone is golfing, or boating... or gardening.   Gone is hearing the birds. All these are favorites of mine. 

I know I live in a holding pattern until the warmth returns.  I try to find things to do to fill my "indoors days."   Reading, cleaning out drawers and closets,  and such.  

I admire (or think they are crazy) people who live north and in much colder climates.  It takes a different attitude to keep on going, to not let cold (and heaven help them, snow and sleet) stop them from living life.   I think "thank goodness they like cold weather, or we'd all be cramped into the southern states."  I love my little piece of paradise here - so you'll don't have to come! HA!!! 

So, I'll wait.  I will continue to clean and read - and write blogs - and wait til I can get outdoors again.   It won't be too long, especially here.   Come on Spring!  

No comments:

Post a Comment