Wednesday, June 19, 2013

In life a little rain must fall.

It's cloudy today with on and off showers.  I am a person who loves a sunny day so when we get a rainy one I have trouble staying busy.   This weather makes me think...

1.  I don't have to worry about watering my flowers.  They are getting a drink from nature.  That's good!

2. I love to "piddle around" in the yard and the rain is keeping me from being outdoors.  Today that is good because my back has been bothering me, for weeks now really, and I need to be forced to stop bending. I think one of the biggest culprits is pulling weeds.  And, believe it or not, I love to pull weeds and to be outside to clean up the yard.

3.  I also think that my golf game is not good for my back.  Perhaps it's that I have tried to golf, and to weed in the yard, too many days in a row.  I have one leg shorter than the other, which therefore has given me curvature of the lower spine, and that's the area that tends to get sore - and weak.   Today I noticed that just moving my right foot from the gas pedal to the brake hurts my back.  Hmmm. That's not good.  I really need to give my back a break.

4.  I do enjoy a nice thundershower.  Do you?   What is it about hearing thunder?  It's almost calming.  Okay, I do not like the huge crack of thunder when it's directly overhead and it makes the house shake - and I don't like hearing the sizzle of the lightening.  That's too close for comfort!

5.  I love to read and a rainy day is a perfect day for picking up my book.  I try to be reading all the time....and I am so thankful I have belonged to various book clubs over the years.  I don't think I would have enjoyed such a variety of reading on my own.  Right now I'm finishing up a book written by a woman who lived on a local rice plantation back in the early 1900's here.  It's her journal and it's fascinating to read about what life was like in these parts 100 years ago.

6. A rainy day is good for catching up on the computer too.   I know I already spend lots of time on it, but I like to check in with other people's blogs, and I like to write on mine.  Like the woman I am reading about now, maybe in 100 years someone might read my blog journal. Ha!!!

7.  After a rain the birds sing extra loud!  They are so happy!   They can get a good clean drink of water - and take a bath in it.  I love to listen to the birds!

8.  A rainy day can help keep things in perspective.  I know I sometimes go through my life just wanting the beautiful sunny, warm days...but I also know without the clouds, and the rain, we wouldn't see the flowers and hear the birds.   I sometimes can get weighed down with the silly problems of the day...but nothing can stop nature and it's impact on me, the good and the bad.   It's good to know somethings are just beyond my control.

9.  Hey! and... think of all the songs that would never have been written without rain??!!  


No comments:

Post a Comment