Wednesday, November 27, 2013

What I am thankful for...

It's Thanksgiving eve, and as it so happens, I am alone -  and having a glass of wine and thinking about what I am thankful for in my life.

First, I am thankful for chardonnay and computers.  I am thankful for Facebook and blogging, and for those who share it with me.

I am thankful for my family, who made me and who understand me (sometimes) and love me at my best and at my worst.  (Not that they have a choice! You can pick friends; not family.)

I am thankful for the good genes that help me age as gracefully as one can.

I am thankful for a husband who gives me unconditional love, a partnered life, financial ease,  married security, commitment, and he still makes me laugh. I enjoy being with him.  I am proud of who he is!

I am thankful for two daughters who turned out beautiful, sensible, smart, and loving. I am thankful for my relationship with them.

I am thankful for unconditional love from pets.  They make each day of living special.

I am thankful for the gift of music.  Music always lifts me. I feel it in my soul.

I am thankful for friends, especially those few who are there through the years - through the life changes, the ups and downs, the ones that are empathetic and listen.

I am thankful for my health and the ability to move, and do, and to use myself to help others.

I am thankful for living here in this community I love and call home, and for the United States, that despite political issues, still is an amazing, wonderful place to be.

I am thankful for having faith.  I am thankful that somehow in my life I have opened up and listened to God talking to me, and have therefore learned, and put my all in His hands.  He knows me and loves me - so, therefore I do not worry about my purpose. It is to serve Him as I know all things written above in this blog come from Him.

Thank you!


No comments:

Post a Comment