Saturday, February 10, 2018

Hello from here!

Hello from my 'crazy life'...    it certainly seems that way right now! 

Don't worry. It's all good. 

But, I am living these days out of a suitcase.  I am spending half of my weeks at my daughter's home and I am helping out with my precious grand-twins.  They are past their 'preemie start' and are catching up well.  They were born October 29th but were considered 'full term' on December 5th.  So, with the adjusted age, the boys are in their third month.  They have gained weight well, and are focusing on their surroundings, including this Mimi's face!  They smile back!  They have happy times!   They are at the age to finally start training them...  we have moved them into 'nap areas' and they are getting used to a darkened room, and time to take a snooze.   Once awake, its a diaper change and then a bottle... and "tummy" and play time.  Lots of smiles then...and baby cooing.   Two babies still really requires two sets of hands.  The boys are not always on the same schedule, and at times when they are it can be very hectic! 

The other half of my weeks are spent back at home.  I'm getting back into my music hobbies and am making it back to church.   I'm also around to enjoy Friday night date night with my hubby.   It's a tradition for us.

Right now we are having some work done in our home.   So, everything is 'out of place' for a while.  The washer and dryer are sitting in the living room - not connected.  Our master bath has been torn apart down to the studs. We are getting it redone, top to bottom.  New cabinets, new tub, new shower, tile, lighting, etc.   We also had old flooring pulled out of our main hallway and the kitchen area.  New tile is going in there too.    Dust is everywhere.   I'm feeling a little bit like a Chip and Joanna Gaines project!  I just hope our people get it all done as fast as they do on TV! 

The other part of my crazy life right now is the planning of my younger daughter's wedding.   We just found out that Saturday, October 20th is THE busiest day around here in the fall for a wedding!!  I live in a place considered a destination for many weddings.  We have beautiful spots, and weather... and it's a vacation place for many.  So, I have been scrambling and making calls to reserve some things for it.  Thankfully, I kept my older daughter's wedding notebook, filled with all the paperwork and contacts we used in 2015.   Yesterday I secured the DJ for the reception, and the salon that will do the hair and makeup for the bride and bridemaids.  I also booked a block of rooms at the nearby Hampton Inn.     Now.... let's see: we still need to get a florist, and test cake options... and the food - and the liquor...and...    

So, like I said above IT IS ALL GOOD !  

I'm trying to get back into reading again. It was put by the wayside for three months while the twins were so tiny.   I have a few books ready to be cracked open.  But, does anyone have a new favorite to pass along?  I miss my Book Club. I haven't been to a meeting since the boys were born.

I also need to do yard work!  And, yes, I love yard work!  It's February but it's going to be almost 70 degrees today so I plan to spend some time outdoors.  There is debris to pick, some trimming of dead limbs, and I want to blow off the deck and driveway.

* I'm watching the CMT Countdown as I type this morning.  I have missed my country music.   Gee, I guess I need to introduce the boys to some soon!  ha    Actually, I want them to know all kinds of music, as do their parents.  Both parents love music and I know it will be an important part of their growing up.   Yeah!

*  Politics.   Nothing to say except the disdain and disappointment continues.  

*  Younger daughter is almost done with her yoga training and will be certified as a yoga instructor.  It's been a big undertaking and has involved quite a few weekends away at 'school.'   She is also getting into her busy tax time as a CPA.  I think her life is crazier than mine!  And, yes, she is planning a wedding too!   

* Hubby had successful shoulder surgery.  He is in PT now.   The rotator cuff was cleaned up, and a bicep tendon had to re-attached.  He is frustrated not being able to lift anything for awhile, and he is a workout fiend.  No weights.  Certainly no bicep curls!!  He is not a happy camper when he can't get a good sweat going.

* Congrats to the Philadelphia Eagles!  It was a great game, and a wonderful football season!  Yes - I watched.  I did not ban the NFL from my viewing!!  What can I say? I love watching football.  

Which takes me to where I will end this meme.   Let's NOT judge others.  Especially when we have not walked in their shoes.  Or, have been raised as they have. Or, have felt injustices.  Or, have been put down because of a color, or a sexual identity, or for their birthplace.   Give value to their pain.   Don't dismiss it. 

And, on that note...   I hope you have a wonderful week ahead!    Spring is one week closer!  






1 comment:

  1. Good to hear from you. I can only imagine what two preemies are like. One is hard enough. Plus a wedding and a house make over. Yep that is crazy! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete