Friday, March 2, 2018

This and that.

Good morning!  TGIF! 

Here are some rambling thoughts going on in my head...

* Why do construction projects always ALWAYS take longer than estimated?   We are having our master bathroom remodeled and it was 'supposed' to be done last Friday.  Well, that didn't happen.  And now we have been told it will be mostly done today.  Hmmmm.   I find that hard to believe by the amount of work still waiting to happen.     Maybe next Friday??

* I am very happy that it is March!  Spring is just around the corner.  Here in South Carolina the trees have blooms, and all the azalea bushes are just about to pop.  I can very anxious this time of year to run out and by new flowers for my pots. I want to get my hands in the dirt and make the yard pretty again.   But, even here, it is too early.   In fact we have a few night-time lows dipping in to the 30's this coming week.  So, I wait.

*  Grandbabies update:  They continue to be more alert and I noticed this past week that they are trying to reach out to toys. They don't have the hand coordination yet but I can see the effort and it will happen soon.  They also want to talk!  Oh - it's cute, but also frustrating to them, as they concentrate and work their mouths.  They intently watch my face and try to make the same sounds I am making.  Again, soon it will happen and soon they will be little chatterboxes!  It is so fun to watch their development! 

* This is not new, because I remember being a new mom:   but, doesn't it seem that being a mom is joyful, stressful, tiring, invigorating, and unexpected?   My daughter is going through what I think ALL moms experience to some degree.   Emotions go up and down.   Wanting to be a great mother and do the best you can is tough.  Some times it just takes trial and error.   Some times it means doing what you think is right and turning off the other voices.   And, it takes confidence and time...

*  I hope the gun control issue keeps 'hot.'   I hope finally, this time, people will not let weeks go by and lose intensity about it.   I saw in the newspaper yesterday that our congressman Tom Rice met with constituents at a coffee shop last week and he was specifically asked about his NRA stance and if he would support banning military style (rapid fire) guns - and he said no.   So, bye bye.   He won't get my vote. 

*  Tomorrow I am going with my handbellers from church to an all day handbell workshop. It happens once a year and there must be 40 or more groups that come together - to learn, to ring, to experience this awesome and loud (lol) event!  We take two small group classes along with spend time as the large group.  At the end of the day we have a short concert for family and friends.  It's a long day!  An early wake-up call (5:00am)  and then not back home until 7:00pm or so.

*  Okay - I admit it.  I'm watching "The Bachelor".   Monday is the three hour finale.  THREE HOURS!  I hear that something 'different' is going to happen.   I'm kind of hoping that IF Arie chooses one of the ladies and wants to ask for her hand in marriage, that she turns him down.  Has that ever been done?   It would certainly be a twist.

*  I am anxious for my engaged daughter to get past her busy time at work.  She's a CPA and is working long hours as tax deadlines are just around the corner.  But, once she gets 'freed up' a bit I look forward to working on wedding plans more.  I also look forward to our time at the CMA Fest, which is in early June again.  It's less than 100 days and the country music artists are starting to announce fan parties, etc.  Soon the schedule will be released on who will perform each night.  It's always an amazing line-up!

* Seriously... will there be anyone left working in the White House?    I worry that nobody will want to work there and many positions will be left empty.   We will have Trump, Pence, and Sarah Sanders left.  The three stooges.

*  Stay safe all my friends up north getting the wild weather today and tomorrow!





2 comments:

  1. Lovely catch up post. Have a great day tomorrow with your bells and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the remodel gets done soon! I'm in Florida visiting my dad and they have some very cool weather coming. Glad you are enjoying the developments of your grandson's. When we were raising our children we didn't have the time to notice it in the same way a grandmother does! That workshop sounds like a fun time. I never watch the bachelor but decided to watch this one with Arie. I can't wait to see the ending.

    ReplyDelete