Tuesday, February 7, 2017

All we need is love...

Somehow a week has rolled on by already.  It's time for the Hodgepodge.   So, let's get going...
 1. What's the last thing you did that someone else thought was super? 
I don't know.  Guess you will have to ask them.  

2. The last thing you ate that tasted superb? 
Well, my hubby prepared brussel sprouts just the other night and they turned out really well.  Grilled on a cookie sheet, drizzled with olive oil... sprinkled with salt, a bit of garlic, and pepper.   It wasn't too hard to do,  but it was his first time, and we really enjoyed them!! 

In general, I'm pretty easy to please when it comes to food.  I think a plate of loaded nachos can be superb!  


3. Supersensitive, superstitious, superwoman, superambitious, supercilious, supervisor, superficial...pick a super word from the list and tell us how it relates to your life in some way recently or currently. 
I had to look up the definition of supercilious, and guess what?  It means thinking highly of yourself, higher than other people.  Oh boy.  Who does that make you think of??   
I do not consider myself superambitious, and certainly I am not a superwoman.  I am not a supervisor of anyone but my dogs! ha  And,  I am not superstitious either.  So, I guess that leaves supersensitive and I think I am at times.  I can be easily hurt.  Depending on my mood or if I am tired, I can cry alone.  I can feel defeated... saddened.   So, yes, at times I am supersensitive. 

4. Do you love easily? If you're comfortable doing so, explain why you think that is. 
I think I love easily, but I don't express it easily.   I am a work in progress on that.  I'm trying to tell those I love that I do love them more often - and I try to remember that tomorrow might be too late to let someone know.  

5. Valentine's Day lands on a Tuesday this year. Will you mark the day in some way? If you're celebrating with a dinner out somewhere will it be on Tuesday or will you celebrate over the weekend? 
I don't think hubby and I plan to do anything special for Valentine's Day.  If he is reading this, I hope he realizes I would just as well save money spent on flowers and chocolate, and use it for something else.  We enjoy nice dinners out together often, so we don't need a special day (especially a Tuesday) to go out together.  Plus, on February 14th most restaurants are very busy - and sometimes offer a limited menu.    No thanks.

6. What's something you are loving right now? 
I am loving the wonderful weather we have been experiencing the past few days!  This afternoon our temps went into the 70's and I took the dogs for a walk.   I love the new home I am in, and the new neighborhood.  I love the people I know here.

7 Write a three word (or less) phrase you'd like to see on a Valentine candy heart.  
 Love never ends

8.  Insert your own random thought here. 
 Anybody watching "The Bachelor" this time - with Nick?   Fess up! ha   If so, who do you see him with of the ladies that are left?   I'm beginning to think none of the women are right for Nick.    Poor guy.  He may never find love!  ha 

8 comments:

  1. I don't watch the Bachelor but I will say that he probably won't ever find love if he keeps looking for it while on a TV show. LOL I don't express love well either. I think it's because I don't like to make myself vulnerable. Glad you're enjoying the weather. I'll enjoy it when the temps go back down. LOL Have a wonderful Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen too much of The Bachelor this season. I've seen him interviewed and not really impressed. I got a kick out of your supercilious remark! That's him all right! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have tried to get into The Bachelor, but I can't for some reason. It's the same ol' song and dance from one season to the next it seems. That Corrine girl, though...WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I watched The Bachelor the other night (hubs was out of town) and I've seen it a couple times this season, but it doesn't seem to be going well for him. Maybe it's time for him to take a different pathway to love than television : ) Fogged in here today. We were laughing last night about how we'll see the forecast is a high of 50 and feel like that is cold. Loving the southern winters!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We eat roasted Brussels sprouts all the time - love them! My husband likes them just roasted enough to start turning brown and crispy on the edges. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The brussel sprouts sound yummy. I've been telling my husband that I would rather have a house plant for those special occasions. The flowers die so quickly. So happy that your love your new surrounding.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't dislike brussel sprouts but I can't ever imagine myself calling them superb. I'm more a dessert person! lol Agree with you about Valentine's day. We tend to just exchange cards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, I can't post on your most recent Wednesday Hodgepodge. It appears to have some of Joyce's things at the bottom of your page. Just thought you would like to know. Debby

    ReplyDelete